Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [SOLVED] "hide email" within user options doesn't work ... as I expected!

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #1 by ccbee
so after a user logs in and wants to edit their kunena forum user profile there is a setting to hide/show email within the section "forum settings" on the forum user profile page.

No matter how I set the kunena config settings on the admin to show or hide a users email (under "users" tab of forum config settings or under "plugins" tab of the forum config settings) this show/hide email doesn't work.

So I set email to "show" under "users" tab within forum config, the user can't elect to "hide" their email if they so choose using the hide/show email setting within their forum profile.

_Cindy Barnard
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to reflect better the issues

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Does this situation occur whether you are logged-in or not logged-in? Perhaps, if we saw your K 1.6 configuration report, we might be able to help you if we could see what you currently have in place.

More
13 years 1 month ago #3 by ccbee
OK, sorry... I was logging in with a test user on the forum in question and I didn't realize this user was a moderator... and so the moderator can see everyone's email no matter what the hide email settings.

I had originally placed this issue within the support forum, checked the documentation and FAQs, and even asked other joomla groups about it, with no response or no one knew. So I had come to think a bug..... at one time we discussed a bug with the userlist within plugins (show stats) -- that was always showing as public.... I was thinking this may be related.

Disregard, I can delete this post now or mark as "operator error"! but glad to see the hide email is functioning!
great forum -- thanks for your assistance.

_Cindy

More
13 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled

Time to create page: 0.430 seconds