Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Critical problem with users registering - memory exhausted?

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #1 by RCheesley
Hi,

My site runs CB and Kunena quite harmoniously but I've just started getting

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 58720256 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /home/siteroot/public_html/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.base.php on line 234

Which is preventing people from registering!

Help!
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by RCheesley.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
As a general response - because we cannot see your website (did you remove those details from your K 1.6 configuration report?) - Kunena is not responsible for user registration. No versions of Kunena have been responsible for user registration.

I accept the premise that something on your Kunena web pages has generated an error message and the error prevents users from accessing the registration procedure on your website but, until I know more about what it was you did and how we might be able to see this situation for ourselves, we're fumbling in the dark on this problem. Is there some way that you might be able to shed some further light on what's happening, please?

Memory exhausted problems are not always the result of low memory (and 128 Mb should be quite sufficient) and I doubt that the problem is this. I think there's some kind of integration issue but I just can't put my finger on it.

More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by RCheesley
I can provide the URL and full access as required, I do not wish the details of the site itself to be made public in a forum which all can see and which is spidered by search engines :)

Ruth

More
13 years 2 months ago #4 by RCheesley
Think this problem relates to the following:

magazine.joomla.org/issues/Issue-Dec-201...-share-of-PHP-memory

and the details here

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/88-usage/99883...out-of-memory#100154

Just waiting on a response from Rochen.

Ruth

More
13 years 2 months ago #5 by RCheesley
Hahah, turned out there was a really old php.ini file in my site's root from another hosting company - oopsie! But never mind, hope this might be useful
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
It's OK, Ruth. In my experience, 99% of people blame Kunena for the problem - and that's why they post their questions in the Support category - and, in 99% of those cases, I move them to a more appropriate category. ;) Your experience will help others and I thank your very much for your help. :)
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.364 seconds