Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged [Merged topic] Real name (Username) displayed in profile information

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #11 by sozzled

jackynetwork wrote: It display REALNAME(USERNAME),I want to delete "(USERNAME)".

If you choose to display a user's real name then you will see "<real-name> (<username>)" displayed when people view that person's user profile. That's how Kunena was designed to work. If you want to change this then you will have to change the way that Kunena works. It's a fairly simple change for someone who has a reasonable working knowledge of PHP.

Perhaps there is a member of the community who may be willing to assist you in making this custom change. I don't know where, specifically, you need to make the change myself. I am just a forum moderator ... I don't know everything. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jackynetwork
  • Visitor
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #12 by jackynetwork
Ok,thanks,i would like anyone here could give me a help,as we really don't want the real username to be used, the real username even display "USER ID" in their self link. I think this is not safe for a shopper.
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by jackynetwork.

More
11 years 10 months ago #13 by Malanor
I have the same problem.

And i don't understand the cause, when you say "If you choose to display a user's real name then you will see "<real-name> (<username>)" displayed when people view that person's user profile. That's how Kunena was designed to work. If you want to change this then you will have to change the way that Kunena works."

In all other views i can choose <real name> by reason that i don't show the <username>.
It couldn't be "Kunena design" that the <username> then shows up in Profile view.

And over a year is no solution for the issue to find here?

More
11 years 10 months ago #14 by sozzled

Malanor wrote: And over a year is no solution for the issue to find here?

What is the solution that you are expecting to find? Perhaps, you could show us?

(1) What do you see now? (Give us an example)

(2) What would you like to see as the solution? (Give us an example)

Thank you.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #15 by Malanor
And exactly this i have solved now.
I'm not an PHP-Developer, but i can use the fgrep command right. ;)

I have searched for the right code that shows this "<name> (<username>)", is it in /components/com_kunena/template/default/profile/summary.php

The matching code is:
Code:
<h2><span class="k-name"><?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_USER_PROFILE'); ?> <?php echo $this->escape($this->name); ?></span>

It shows the normal view of profile name, like this:

Then i have searched in whole com_kunena directory about the definition of $this->name and found this in ./funcs/profile.php
Here i could affiliate the variable and try this in summary.php
Code:
<h2><span class="k-name"><?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_USER_PROFILE'); ?> <?php echo $this->escape($this->user->name); ?></span>

And now shows me only "<name>" without "(<username>)":

To prevent override the custom code from updates i have put summary.php in my template-directory:
/components/com_kunena/template/<my.template>/profile/summary.php
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Malanor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jsanglier

More
11 years 10 months ago #16 by sozzled
Thanks. I'm pleased to see that you have solved your problem.

More
11 years 10 months ago #17 by jsanglier
Thanks for that!

For us it is a security issue that we do not display usernames, so this is important.

For anyone who has the same issue with K 2.0, the file to edit is template/your-template/html/user/default.php

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds