Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Enabling Mootools Upgrade Plugin breaks other parts of site! :(

More
13 years 3 months ago #1 by ComposerRyan
Joomla: 1.5.21
Kunena: 1.6.0

I have enabled the Mootools Upgrade plugin in order to use the quick reply function of the forum but it breaks Jcomments component as well as the simple gallery image plugin.

Is there something I'm missing here???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, ComposerRyan, and thank you for your question. You may not have been following [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion but in case this is new information to you, Mootools 1.2.4 is a Joomla feature that is needed by Kunena 1.6.

The decision to use Mootools 1.2.4 was taken after weeks of discussion with the Joomla core development team and it was taken with the knowledge that it would cause some problems within the Kunena community - just as Mootools 1.2.4 has caused some problems within the Joomla community for users and developers alike. However, it was a strategic decision and and one that was taken after a lot of thought and preparation was put into implementing the solution.

Unfortunately, Mootools 1.2.4 is not compatible with some Joomla extensions and you have indicated a couple of examples of those. But I would like to remind you that this is a forum dedicated to addressing issues with Kunena. If people have issues arising from the usage of Mootools 1.2.4 with other Joomla extensions (like the two that you mentioned) then you should take up those issues with the developers of those products.

Where possible, the development of K 1.6 has tried to minimise the impact of Mootools 1.2.4 to affect only those pages that display the Kunena forum. If you have other Joomla extensions running on your K 1.6 forum pages (that do not operate with Mootools 1.2.4) then you should remove them from the Kunena pages (from K 1.6.1 onwards. You can disable Mootools 1.2.4; Kunena will attempt to enable it only for those pages that need it; you should upgrade to K 1.6.2. All of this is discussed in the article Mootools 1.2.4 .

I hope this helps you to better understand the issues you need to separate from one another so that you can resolve your problems.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds