Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Topic closed due to lack of interest] Cannot make new topic or reply

More
13 years 3 months ago #1 by Brunn23
hello i upgrade around 4 days ago forum to kunena 1.5.13 from fireboard , all was ok looks better etc
however ive got 3 major problems first one is i can't start any new thread when i press that got connection time out evertime i try this , second problem is i can't also edit my user profiles got exaclty same problem with timeout , i thought that's maybe is version problem so i upgraded today forum to kunena 1.6.2 now i can't also replay in topics at all even quick replay or normal one
here is report configs settings . Also if need more info or account on forum can made special one for moderators

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 1100 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 200M

Joomla default template details : rt_dominion_j15 | author: RocketTheme | version: 1.5.0 | creationdate: January 1, 2010

Kunena default template details : Aphotic | author: snilloconator | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 2010-23-09

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.2 | Build: 3894 | Version name: Team | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2)

The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Brunn23, and welcome to Kunena.

Thank you for your questions. It's a little difficult to see what the problem is because you have disabled public viewing access on your website. These are just my initial thoughts based on your description.

First of all please read the very important information about Legacy mode . Kunena 1.6 has not been tested with legacy mode. You should take action now - before you have problems later - to remove your dependence on legacy mode. This may involve the need to uninstall any outdated and unsupported Joomla 1.0 software that you have on your website.

I don't have any explanation about your "connection timeout" issues except that, perhaps, you have some Fireboard add-on still running on your website. Please remove all traces of Fireboard from your system.

I don't have any explanation about the timeout problems when you try to edit a user profile. The only suggestion that I can make at this time is to look at ways of simplifying your site (or reducing the amount of work that your server has to perform). For example, do you need to have K2 or that mediaobject plugin running all the time? When people use web-based discussion forums they are there to read and reply to messages posted on the screen. The "other stuff" (while it may look nice) is only a distraction from the real purpose.

I don't have any explanation about why you are unable to reply to topics. To analyse the possible causes it would be helpful to be able to view your forum. To view your forum, of course, requires a user account. Do you have a test account that we could use? Sometimes these kinds of issues are caused by Javascript library conflicts and many times those Javascript issues happen because people have old, outdated software installed on their websites - see the first point I made earlier about "legacy mode" - and, in fixing those problems, you might fix these Javascript conflicts.

Have you looked at [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion and do any of the messages posted about Rockettheme have any bearing on your problems?

You can provide details of a test account for the moderators of this site to see, by using the "confidential" tags, like this:
Code:
[confidential]Username: Password:[/confidential]
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brunn23
More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #3 by Brunn23
first of all thanks for fast replay, i tryed running out webiste without legency mode , but nothing helps

Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Brunn23.
More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
I have never seen anything like this before. You have some categories already created and you have some topics started but you cannot create new topics and you cannot now reply to existing topics. You get a white page and, even if you run debug mode, you do not get any diagnostic trace! :ohmy: Therefore these problems are relatively new problems. So, when did this problems first begin?

I did not see any evidence of "connection timeouts". I did see that you cannot edit anything in the user profiles.

As I said earlier, the indications all point to some other Joomla extension that you have running in your site that is getting in the way. But I can't tell you which Joomla extension is interfering with your forum. :(

I don't know why you are having these problems. My recommendation is to

(1) make a copy of your website, as it is now, and use the copy as a site for testing.

(2) on your live site, revert to K 1.5.13 until your testing shows what it is that is causing the problems. and then use the knowledge to put things right.

You need to uninstall something, but I don't know what it is that needs to be removed. If you examined your Apache error logs, they might inform you what is the reason. Unfortunately this is beyond my ability to help you personally. If I were in your situation, I would look to simplify my website so that it had only the features that I needed. If I were in your situation I would start with a basic site, no fancy flashy videos or template "extras" and just have Joomla and Kunena and make sure that those two things worked with nothing else getting in the way. Then I would add other things, one at a time, gradually "improving" the looks but, after each addition, I would be checking to make sure that Kunena still worked. But this is just if your site was my site and I had the time to invest in looking after it the way that you have.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #5 by sozzled
*** Topic closed due to lack of interest ***
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
Time to create page: 0.535 seconds