Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Last Visit Date Incorrect For People Who Have Never Visited

More
13 years 4 months ago #1 by DanJRWalsh
I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix the problem were for people who have not logged into the site before, it says their last visit date is in 1999

e.g,
Code:
Last Visit Date: 30 Nov 1999

I was curious if anyone could help me change it so that it says Never or something like that.

As well at the top for the Kunena login when they first login it says 11 years ago for last visited.

Thanks
-Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

This i think is generated by Joomla!, so i don't think that we can fix that

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #3 by DanJRWalsh
I checked the Joomla! forum itself, but all the topics I found seemed to be un-answered. I believe since in the actual Joomla user management it says "Never" for the users who have not logged in that if I were to go into the userlist/profile pages in Kunena, I could replace the current Last Visit code with an if statement.

Because from what I read on another forum is that it's an error that is displaying 0000-00-00 in the database incorrectly, so if I we're to make it so that if it is all 0's for it to say "Never", instead of an incorrect date from 11 years ago.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by DanJRWalsh.

More
13 years 4 months ago #4 by DanJRWalsh
Actually, this was an easier fix than I thought. All I did was go into the registration file and make it so when you register, it fills in the last visit date with todays current date, and I mean its not correct, because you did visit the site lol :P

More
13 years 3 months ago #5 by trygge
Could you tell more exactly which file and what needs to be changed since as a noob I have no idea how to do it.

More
13 years 2 months ago #6 by jansenk
Ya, wow to have figured out a solution is great... but not to share??
Hello.
Guess I'll just keep searching.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #7 by ChaosHead
Someone have a fix? Visitors of my forum permanently joke of this date.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by ChaosHead.

More
13 years 2 months ago #8 by sozzled

ChaosHead wrote: Someone have a fix? Visitors of my forum permanently joke of this date.

OK, so it's a joke. The easiest way to deal with that is to laugh along with them! B)

You could tell them the technical truth but, from the sounds of things, your users aren't really interested in knowing the technical truth. They just want to laugh. Well, unfortunately, you can't always change social behaviou just because you feel irritated by it.

You could tell them that the problem is a software problem. The actual truth is that this is not a forum issue. As we have stated on hundreds of occasions, Kunena is not responsible for user registration or the data that is deposited into user registration records when people join your website. (Kunena simply picks up whatever information is fed to it from the jos_users table). This is a Joomla issue. If the information is "wrong" in Joomla then Kunena will make whatever sense it can of it (or not) as the case may be.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #9 by joelouw
Hi DanJRWalsh

Actually, this was an easier fix than I thought. All I did was go into the registration file and make it so when you register, it fills in the last visit date with todays current date, and I mean its not correct, because you did visit the site lol

I was wondering where you fixed this, I have the same issue and would like to fix mine to - please.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #10 by joelouw
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=24...+wrong+1999#p1127181

Hi this is what I found on Joomla forum - it is correct on the joomla side of things, in the back end it shows as "Never" - since joomla 1.0.12 they have changed it.
It looks like it is a Kunena issue, it only shows in Kunena as 30 Nov 1999 last visited, until they log-in for the 1st time.

Could some-one please tell me where I can fix this date issue thing.

Time to create page: 0.564 seconds