Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question K2 avatar integration

More
13 years 4 months ago #1 by ThemeSurvivor
I saw a thread over in the 1.0 board but would like to know if anyone has been able to do this with 1.6

Would make a lot more sense if the forum Avatar was the one they use for their K2 profile, that way they don't have to manage 2 different avatars...

Thoughts or suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: K2 avatar integration
Hello,

Actually, it's not possible in kunena 1.6, but maybe in the future we can add that, i don't know if K2 has an API like that it's more easy to make the integration

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 1 month ago #3 by njt
Replied by njt on topic Re: K2 avatar integration
Is there any advance on this? Would be very useful...

More
12 years 1 month ago #4 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: K2 avatar integration
If someone is interessed to make a plugin to make it possible it will be nice

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 1 month ago #5 by njt
Replied by njt on topic Re: K2 avatar integration
Quite - I take it you don't know of any way to do it currently?

It's just not an option to use both K2 and Kunena if every user needs to manage two separate profiles - they just wouldn't understand why!

I am considering disabling certain features on either K2 or Kunena, but that means one will need to do without avatars and possibly other features... not ideal.

And I'm not entirely sure if it's possible to disable all the features necessary... still looking into it.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: K2 avatar integration
Kunena is not integrated with K2. This is because the developers of K2 have not indicated a desire to participate jointly in developing this integration. The ability to use K2 avatars does not exist as a configurable option for Kunena.

That was situation a year ago and it has not changed.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 1 week ago #7 by virulent
Replied by virulent on topic Re: K2 avatar integration
is there a way to use the same avatar for K2 and Kunena ?

I think it's confusing that the users have to set their avatar in 2 different profiles on the same website... 1 to comment on blog posts, 1 to comment in forums...

Time to create page: 0.519 seconds