Kunena 5.2.5 and Blue eagle 1.6.5 released (30 May 2021)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.5 [K 5.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.2.5

REQUIREMENTS
Blue Eagle 1.6.x requires Kunena 5.2.x to work with, this template isn't designed to works with Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4.

× Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Please Login: Only community members can participate in forum threads. You must register or log in

• awkuena
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #1 by awkuena
I created a kunena menu item, set it to published, checked my forums, which are also set to published and public assess, but when I click on the Kunena Menu item in the front end, it generates a message: "Please Login: Only community members can participate in forum threads. You must register or log in to contribute."

I checked the settings and as far as I can tell everything is set to be public.

Any suggestions on what might be going on?
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled

• awkuena
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #3 by awkuena
OK great, when I login the forums display. But the forums are supposed to display for the public...?
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by awkuena.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #4 by sozzled
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by you "login to the backend of your website". What has this got to do with the problem?

I asked you (perhaps I was not precise enough with my language) what happens when you login [to the frontend of your website, obviously]? Are you telling me that you cannot login to the front end of your website? What has this got to do with Kunena? As you know, Kunena is not responsible for user registration or login.

Just as a matter of interest, have you changed any of of Kunena's configuration settings? Any of them at all? As you also know, Kunena was designed to work straight away, immediately after you install it, without making any changes to any of Kunena's default settings. I would be most interested to know what settings you have changed.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 6 months ago #5 by sozzled
I see that, while I was preparing my response to you, you changed your message. You are now telling us that you can login (when your earlier message stated that you couldn't).

awkuena wrote:

But the forums are supposed to display for the public...?

Not if your configuration settings imply otherwise!

Why don't you try reverting to the default configuration? (There is an option on the top right of the K 1.6 control panel that does this for you.) This will probably fix your problems. Please spend time familiarising yourself with Kunena; I realise that Kunena 1.6 is very new to you but you should try to remain calm and patient and first try to resolve problems for yourself. Please also familiarise yourself with the documentation Wiki and with the sticky posts created in this forum that were designed to help new users.
The following user(s) said Thank You: awkuena

• awkuena
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago #6 by awkuena
Thanks you sozzled. Clicking on the "revert" worked!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds