Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question What I have to do to enable polls?

More
13 years 4 months ago #1 by micheltl
Hello,

All options in my configuration appears to be ok.
I have enabled poll in forum category.
But poll icon doesn't displayed.

What I have to do?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

By which way do you trying to make a new poll : with the tab new topic or in a category with the button new topic ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 4 months ago #3 by micheltl
Hi xillibit,

Now I see how is working.
When I select a category, icon displays and everything is ok. I was trying to do in a post already published.
Thank you.

More
13 years 4 months ago #4 by kssocial
Hi Michaelti,

Maybe you can give me a step by step walk through because I have 1.6.1 running and no matter what I have done I cannot get a poll to show up, a poll icon to come up or anything whatever having to do with a poll to come on the screen so that I can put one up.

Mike

More
13 years 4 months ago #5 by sozzled
Please read very carefully what is written in How to set up polls in Kunena and upgrade from the hack .

Essentially, you need to enable the polling feature as a category configuration setting.

You can only create a poll on the first message posted in a topic. You can't add a poll as a reply to an existing message. If you have a poll in a topic and you merge the topic with another topic, there's a strong chance that you'll lose the poll, too.

michelti realised that his problem was caused because he was trying to see the poll icon when replying to an existing topic.

kssocial wrote:

no matter what I have done I cannot get a poll to show up

It would help to see a screen capture of the category in which you want to create a poll, please.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #6 by kssocial
I have enabled the poll in the proper category, I have enabled it in the frontend (admin) but I get nothing. I have enabled polls in the "Help and Suggestions" forum category and when I go to post a NEW topic in that category I get no poll icon anywhere that I can find. I will add a screen shot for you to look at.

I'm expecting that it is something that I have either not done or not done correctly but I swear I have read the docs, followed directions and whatever it is that I'm not doing or not doing right I cannot find.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by kssocial. Reason: add pic

More
13 years 4 months ago #7 by xillibit
1°) The Mootools library isn't loaded on your site
2°) When you use the tab new topic, you need to select the proper category where polls are enabled

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 4 months ago #8 by kssocial

xillibit wrote: 1°) The Mootools library isn't loaded on your site
2°) When you use the tab new topic, you need to select the proper category where polls are enabled

1) I have the systems mootools plugin in the plugins and it is enabled. If there is more that I must do please explain. (v 1.2.4)

2) This is what I have been doing.

Mike

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #9 by sozzled
You have no BBcode toolbar. It's self-evident from the image you posted. You need to deal with the Javascript conflict first. Then your polls will work for you.

See [Merged topic]The great Mootools/Javascript conflict discussion
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 4 months ago #10 by kssocial
Ok, this thread was only getting more confusing to me so I pulled up firebug to check out this conflict. Turns out there is NO conflict. The problem turned out to be one that no one seems to have thought of, or at least pointed out. It is IE9!! When I use another browser it shows up fine.

Jeez, can't believe all this time wasted because of another defective MS product! I can't believe that I didnt' think of trying another browser until now!

I'll check out compatibility mode with IE9 to see if that makes a difference. K - checked out compatibility mode and the BBcode does show up in compatibility mode.

What a freakin waste of time. I'm glad I found the problem but it ticks me off that I didn't think about the IE issue, always seems to be some type of issue with IE and I always check my sites out with multiple browsers and versions and I didn't on this issue.

Mike

Time to create page: 0.357 seconds