Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Resizing Signature Graphic

More
13 years 5 months ago #1 by tgaotu
Forgive me If this topic has been issued but I could not find one.

I just put my signature on my forums and it is a graphic one, link to my photobucket, and the image is considerably smaller than Im used to in forums. Ive hunted thru the config and Ive searched thru the forums.

Is there a way to make the default graphic image in your signature larger? Thank you for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
If the image is too wide to fit into the space that your site template allows for Kunena then it will make a mess of your website. That's why images are automatically resized. You want bigger images? Change your site template so that you can fit bigger images.

What if someone wanted to use an image that was 3500 pixels wide (and it wasn't automatically resized)? Would you want that to happen? There has to be a limit, somewhere. The limit is the width of the space assigned to display your Joomla component.

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by tgaotu
I get the resizing cause yes the larger images would be incredibly difficult to deal with. But the resizing is making things a bit too small and I wanted to see if the resizing could be altered manually. So if the resize was 300 X 500 pixels for example as the max image for a signature, If I could go in manually and enter 450 X 600 if I wanted to....Not saying those numbers are what I want - Just an example. And you noted "the width of the space assigned to display your Joomla component" Is that the width of the Kunena forums as a whole?
Thanx for the help!

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
I am replying to your general question with a general answer. Without seeing your website I am guessing that the width of your template is narrow; that is, the amount of space you've allocated to display your Joomla component is narrow. When I wrote Joomla component this includes Kunena - a Joomla component. Although the general term, Joomla extension, is the more preferable one, Joomla extensions include components, modules, languages, templates and plugins they are managed slightly differently in Joomla 1.5.

If you want to use an image in a user's signature that was as big as 450 pixels wide and 600 pixels high, that wouldn't leave much room on the screen for writing much of a message, now would it? Think about what you might be asking for. 600 pixels high (even 500 pixels high) is over half the screen height for some users' monitors. 150 pixels high is plenty big enough for an image used in a user's signature.

How big an image do you have and how small is it when it's resized?

To recap, without knowing anything about the dimensions of your site template, I am guessing that it's not wide enough to allow the full-size display of images of the size that you want within a web-based discussion forum, like Kunena. It all comes down to what you really need. I'm only guessing here because I haven't seen your website but my generalised answer is to use a template that has some width to it.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by tgaotu
My site is hexpgaming.com
The template that I am using is rockettheme / zeyphr (I believe)

As far as the whole 450 x 600 of course that would be incredibly LARGE I was using
it as an example not for actuality.

I had a 350 x 130 image that I used in everyone elses forums, when it did not
look right in mine I resized it to 400 x 150 with no change on the forum
signature size.

The image in the forums at least for me is 267 x 100.

My main question: Is there a way to manually change the resize option?

OR do I have to work with what I have, change my template, resize the component features....

I appreaciate your help in this manner I hope this is more of a specific question format.

More
13 years 5 months ago #6 by @quila
Hello,

try to add this rule to your main Joomla template css file

#Kunena div.kmsgsignature img {
max-height: 150px !important;
}

Hope this helps
Regards

More
13 years 5 months ago #7 by tgaotu
Well your response did do some good quila, I didnt get the results from your posting BUT you did point me in the right direction with editing the css file.

I currently have the default template for Kunena installed so I went to my File Manager and looked thru com_kunena > template > default > css > kunena.forum.css

About half way down the css file you will come across a section titled :
/* VIEW PAGE
*/

Look for :
#Kunena div.kmsgsignature img {
max-width:100%;
max-height: 100px;
}

Change the max height to your desired px size and bingo, signature is resized!!

Thanx for the input quila you pointed me in the right direction!

TGAOTU
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moonstone

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #8 by Moonstone
I'm glad to see this is addressed! I run several gaming guild website, and gamers like their graphical signatures. Signatures that parse their character data from the game's armory website.

Right now most of us use the forum signatures from enjin.com which are 488 x 122, and they are being resized to 400 x 100. This makes the text blurry and hard to read.

Since it looks like this is controlled by the Kunena template (NOT the site template), maybe this could be added as a backend configuration option in the future?

Until then, I'll adjust the CSS file.

Thanks!

Edit: I had to make this change in two files, kunena.forum.css and kunena.forum-min.css - worked like a charm!
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Moonstone.

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds