Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Order of posts Oldest frst in backend

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #1 by axess
How can we set "Oldest Posts First" in the backend?
If we can not do in the parameters, in which file we can change the code for the descending order by date?
I wish infact that the oldest posts first appeared, as in a discussion. The first post on top and below all the comments, in increasing order of time, from oldest to newest.
Thanks for an answer.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by axess.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Which kunena version do you using ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #3 by axess
We are using the last com_kunena_v1.6

We just would like to set the order of posts by time ASC and not DESC , as default.

In what parameter or file (code) can we do this?

Thanks
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by axess.

More
13 years 5 months ago #4 by xillibit
You need to define it in user profile

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 5 months ago #5 by axess
Ok, it seems working. Thanks

More
13 years 4 months ago #6 by freedomcoach
Hi everyone:

Kunena seems to default to the setting where the first posting in a topic is viewable first. From my perspective, this is backwards. I believe most users want to see the most recent message first unless of course they are brand-new to the topic and want to review it from the beginning. However, most users once actively involved with the topic will want to see the most recent posting on top.

I have not been able to find a setting in the admin backend switch puts the most recent post first. It seems as if this is an individual setting only for each user but I believe it needs to be a global setting as well.

When I coach newcomers into my forum and I want them to see the very last post and a topic I have to teach them how to navigate to the very last page which is quite inconvenient and time-consuming. I would appreciate assistance in this area. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Howard

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #7 by sozzled
freedoncoach: I have merged your topic with another one on the same subject. This isn't a support issue because K 1.6 (like K 1.5 and K 1.0 before it) does not have a global setting to control this behaviour. The behaviour in K 1.6 is like K 1.5 (and K 1.0 before it) controlled on a user-by-user preferential basis.

Some users prefer the first post last. Other users (like me) prefer the latest post last. C'est la vie.

Whether or not a global setting could control the default behaviour, I am a firm believer in allowing the individual end user as much control as possible. There's not a lot of training needed to show new users how to use this feature. You could include these instructions in your own help page of you think that it might be useful.

I'm involved in several dozen topics in this forum on a daily basis. I suppose I am used to the way that things work and I don't have a personal need to change the way that I operate. Other people are free to make their own choices.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 4 months ago #8 by freedomcoach
Hi Sozzled:

I agree that each user should be able to decide for themselves which option is better for them but I also feel that there should be a global setting to create an initial default based on what the webmaster believes will be the preferred choice for most of his users. So I guess you could say I'm making a feature request that a global setting be added in future versions for this item. I could place this in the future request category if you feel that is desirable.

In the meantime, please review for me where users can adjust their individual settings for this item. I understand it is in the user profile but I am not seeing it. The only user profile I'm aware of is the one connected to community builder and I know that Kunena has its own profile settings. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Howard

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #9 by sozzled
Look in your profile (edit your profile). It's the first item you see on the Forum Settings tab.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 4 months ago #10 by freedomcoach
This issue is now resolved for me. I just needed to change the profile assigned to the forum to be Kunena instead of community builder.

Sincerely,
Howard

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds