Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Closed] Kunena 1.6 and JCE

More
13 years 7 months ago #1 by richardcool7
Simple Question:Can in the future added in Kunena 1.6 a wysiwyg editor may enjoy the advantages of JCE component.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by fxstein
Replied by fxstein on topic Re: Kunena 1.6 and JCE
Hi,

We are planning to add this in 1.7

The issue is not the editor but how to make it integrated with at least some bbcode as well as safe for public use. html needs a little extra care if you want tens of thousands of users post with it and do it in a simple and secure way.

Adding the editor itself is simple and we have a working copy in our 2.0 trunk already, its the parsing of the input and output that requires some extra care. In addition we want users to be able to insert youtube videos, google maps, ebay items with a simple tag, as you would not want to allow javascript objects and scripts to get inserted as this would most certainly lead to security vulnerabilities.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by richardcool7
Replied by richardcool7 on topic Re: Kunena 1.6 and JCE
Ok fxstein:
I am agree with you in all this points,and the security problem actually exists in these editors,like JCE editor,but with a good configuration of permission we can resolve it :cheer: ...
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #4 by Wineblue2
Replied by Wineblue2 on topic Re: Kunena 1.6 and JCE
So I am using Kunena 1.7.2 and also have JCE 2.0 but so far have been unable to locate any threads or documentation on actually using the two together. Is this now possible and if so can you refer me to the documentation please? :whistle:
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Wineblue2.
The following user(s) said Thank You: titanlost
More
12 years 1 month ago #5 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Kunena 1.6 and JCE
One year and six months ago, the next version of Kunena was codenamed "K 1.7". A few months after that, the next major upgrade of Kunena was renamed K 2.0 - and that's what fxstein was referring to in his message.

K 1.6 was supposed to be a transition from K 1.5 to K 2.0 (as we now understand the next major version will be called). I invite you to read What is Kunena? which sets out the main design objectives for the next major release of Kunena. In September last year, some enhancements were carried out on K 1.6 and it was decided to release those changes under the name K 1.7 - the version that you are now using - but this is a completely different thing to K 2.0. We're sorry for the confusion but perhaps you will realise that there are certain risks associated with resurrecting a topic from eighteen months ago and there have been a lot of changes that have happened over that time.

This topic should have been archived (and possibly locked) so as to avoid confusion. Now that the topic has been resurrected, we have to deal with the confusion.

1½ years ago, there was a hope (wishful thinking, perhaps, on the part of the development team) to allow WYSIWYG editors, like JCE for example, to find their way into Kunena. The reality is different from those early aspirations and, as such, plans to do just this have been shelved. The current plan is instead to have a modular BBcode editor that can be used not only in Kunena but with other Joomla extensions.

This may not have been what everyone might have wanted but it's all that could be done given the resources that Kunena has within budget.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wineblue2
More
12 years 1 month ago #6 by Wineblue2
Replied by Wineblue2 on topic Re: Kunena 1.6 and JCE
Understood. Seems my big problem is being able to seek out threads that deal specifically with the issues at hand which is what brought this about through Google search efforts. As previously mentioned my two primary concerns are the font color and appearance of these bullet points in odd locations of our forum. Hoping to get some kind of feedback on this so I can get them cleared up soon.
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #7 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Kunena 1.6 and JCE
Font colour and the "mysterious" appearance of bullet points have nothing to do with this topic. Those are issues related to the Joomla template that you chose for your website. I have addressed those questions in a separate topic. Please use My Topics to find where I have answered those questions.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.
Time to create page: 0.402 seconds