Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question What does message mean "Installer is going to MIGRATE Kunena ..."?

More
13 years 8 months ago #1 by Oscarfishlover
What does this message mean?

Installer is going to migrate kunena 1.5.4 to kunena 1.6.0 ALPHA
Migrate from Kunena

I only seem to get to if I am installing a version of Kunena that is younger than 12. However, I didn't click on the menu item that had migrate from Kunena on it, but it still installed okay.

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #2 by fxstein
When you install Kunena 1.6 we actually perform a data migration to a new data model. If you stay within one major release, only incremental upgrades are performed.

SHould not concern you too much. For 1.6 we simply create a new set of tables, leaving the original tables behind as a backup copy.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oscarfishlover

More
13 years 8 months ago #3 by Oscarfishlover
thank you for clarifying that

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

Time to create page: 0.332 seconds