Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged How to remove "who is currently viewing" information

More
13 years 8 months ago #1 by bplumb
Hi everyone!

I'm looking to remove a section of our forum which states "12 people viewing (names)". Does anyone know how this is possible?

Many thanks
B

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Viewing
G'day, bplumb, and welcome to Kunena. Thank you for your question about K 1.6 and your desire to change it to suit your specific purposes. K 1.6 is so new - it's still under development, in fact - I'm unable to actually point you to information that can help you at this time. Let me repeat what we've written before in relation to the kind of support that you and others may be seeking in relation to changing Kunena 1.6 before it's been released as a stable product:

sozzled wrote: For several months the Kunena team has been working hard to create the new, much-improved forum software for Joomla ... Kunena 1.6. For those who would like to know more about this exciting development, I recommend that you take a tour of some of the new features and concepts that have been introduced: see Kunena 1.6 - a moderator's view .

At the time of writing, the Kunena team is heading towards support our users with K 1.6. Even though Kunena has not yet been released as a "stable production version" we are putting less emphasis on the development of the product and more emphasis on helping users to adopt the new version smoothly and without problems. K 1.6 is already being used in live production sites around the world.

Of course there will always be problems - nothing is perfect - and even with the best plans things don't always work out as we'd hope for but we feel that it's important to stress the advantages now instead of dwelling on might happen in the future.

We ask you to bear in mind that most of us, users and moderators alike, are in the similar situation together - we're learning, too - but we'll always try to do our best to help you.

Please remember, when you post your questions, to include details about what version of Kunena you are using (use the K 1.6 configuration report feature to save you time), use the search facility as much as possible and look at the documentation Wiki site . Even though there is a lot of work still to be done with the K 1.6 documentation site, there is help there for you. If you have ideas on how to help with our work please let me know. :)

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #3 by Admata
Replied by Admata on topic Re: Viewing
I have "removed" the "viewing" section in K 1.5.12 by editing temlate CSS-file.

Try to find:
#Kunena .path-element-users
Under that remove all defenitions between { } and replace those following:
Code:
display:none;

CSS in Kunena 1.6 is different, but I guess that there has been no reason to change name (#Kunena .path-element-users ) that describes how viewing section is shown. My guess is just a guess, but hope it helps :)
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Admata.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #4 by @quila
Replied by @quila on topic Re: Viewing
In Kunena 1.6 you have Configuration option for this under "security" tab -> Show Online Users ;)
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by @quila.

More
13 years 8 months ago #5 by bplumb
Replied by bplumb on topic Re: Viewing
Bugger. I guess I don't have 1.6! The option isn't their under security tab, but neither do I seem to have #Kunena .path-element-users in my CSS file!

Ahh well..if there are other suggestions, please let me know! Thanks for the support though! :)

More
13 years 8 months ago #6 by Cerberus
Replied by Cerberus on topic Re: Viewing
Do a search on these forum for word PATHWAY and my nick and you will find a fix to remove the pathway from K1.5 :)

More
11 years 10 months ago #7 by carwaycz
Hello,

I would like to know how can I remove who is online in the header - please see acttached screenshot.

Thanks!

B.
Attachments:

More
11 years 10 months ago #8 by carwaycz
Hello,

how can I remove text showing how many users are viewing and guests.
I noticed here on Kunena forum its disabled.

Thanks!

B.

More
11 years 10 months ago #9 by sozzled
Thank you for your question.

The answer is to change the configuration setting:

Forum Configuration » Security » Security Settings » Show Online Users = No

More
11 years 10 months ago #10 by carwaycz
Replied by carwaycz on topic Re: Viewing
Hi,

I found Kunena .path-element-users in kunena.forum.css, i put display: none but I can still see who is viewing the forum. Do you have any idea? I have K1.7.

Thanks!

Bob

Time to create page: 1.088 seconds