Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved [SOLVED] Kunena 1.7.2: "invincible" user

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #1 by rafagano
Hi all, I've a simply but very strange problem....

I have a user, registered on my site, which can access all Kunena categories even if He shouldn't.

For example, I've a category with access only for Publishers, and this user (only Him !) can access on it and post messages, even if he is only Registered.
If also I try to change his group as Editor, nothing changes... he continues to access it.

Anyone of you experienced something similar ?

Kunena version: 1.7.2
Joomla version: 1.5.26
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon and archive

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled

rafagano wrote: Anyone of you experienced something similar?

Yes, we have encountered similar problems. Many times. If you search the forum you will see many times where we have encountered and solved problems similar to yours.

We know very little about about your website apart from what version of Kunena and Joomla you are using. When people come to us, asking for support, we need to as much as we can about their environment. That is why we have highlighted the importance of posting your configuration report when you ask your question.

I'm guessing as to why you have your problem. I think you've either given this user some moderator privilege, or somehow you have added the user into the administrators group.

Interesting case. Looks like it could be a bit of fun detective work. ;)

Can you also post screenshots of the settings that you're using for the category where this person has access - where he should not have access. Thank you.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 10 months ago #3 by Matias
There are 3 ways how users get access to Kunena categories:

1) User is administrator (determined in Joomla)
2) User is global moderator (check users moderator status from Kunena)
3) User gets access from integration (JomSocial, CB etc)

More
11 years 10 months ago #4 by rafagano
Thaks ! I've seen he was global moderator !

I'll let you know if this solved the problem. If not, I'll post screenshots :)

Many thanks !

More
11 years 10 months ago #5 by rafagano
Ok, the problem seems to be solved. The problem was due to the "global moderator" feature.
Many thanks :) !!

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds