Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Bug Hello and where to post K 1.6 error for help?

More
11 years 10 months ago #1 by ajtAID
Hello All,

I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong area, but I'm receiving an error with my Kunena Forum: "Kunena Internal Error: Please enable Kunena Debug Mode and report problem in the www.kunena.org forum." from the Report Configuration Settings page. I was wondering where do I post my question/problem and associated log info I believe to hopefully get help with K 1.6? I see the K 1.7 forums and the K 1.5 archive forums, but can't seem to find where to correctly address my problem? Also, if it helps, I'm having an error msg popup due to initiating reCAPTCHA on K 1.6. Ultimately my questions are related to that.

Thx in advance for any direction you all might be able to give me. Take care and have a great day :)

AJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, ajtAID, and welcome to Kunena.

You will find that, just as we no longer answer questions relating to K 1.5 we do not answer questions relating to K 1.6 either. I'm sorry if that may be a disappointment to some people but, given what we can do with the resources that we have, if people wish to use old versions of Kunena then they also have to deal, themselves, with any issues that arise. It takes about a minute-and-a-half to upgrade to K 1.7.2; 1½ minutes may save you a week or more of wrestling with problems that may have been solved by using the current, supported version of Kunena.

Otherwise, we wish you the best of good luck in searching for and resolving the issues that you now seem to be having. If I were in your position, I would start by searching for the words "reCAPTCHA" and "popup" and see what you get. But, then again, if I were in your shoes, I would use 1½ minutes of my time in another, probably more productive, way.

More
11 years 10 months ago #3 by ajtAID
Hi sozzled,

Thx for your reply. As per your advise, I have just backed up my site and tried to Upgrade to Kunena 1.7 and I received the following error:

FAILED Uncaught Exception: Table './csbkws_db2011/jos_kunena_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired SQL=SHOW COLUMNS FROM `jos_kunena_sessions`

Do you know if this is a known issue? Could you maybe point me in the direction of an existing post that addresses this (in the mean time I will also conduct a search myself :) )? Or maybe you know of a fix to this can can provide it to me in a reply to this post? Thx in advance for your help.

Cheers

AJ

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
Your Joomla database has errors/corruption. It had errors or was corrupted before the upgrade started. You cannot upgrade to K 1.7.2 until you have fixed the database errors. It was a smart move that you backed-up your site first. :)

Suggest you look at phpMyAdmin to attempt to repair the corrupted tables in your database. I hope that helps. Otherwise, you may have to revert to the last backup you had before your site started to exhibit the problems that you were seeing with reCAPTCHA.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.519 seconds