Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved [Resolved] Registered Users: Force Username to be Firstname + Surname

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #1 by wicketts
Hello,

We are looking for a forum and we have used Kuenea in the past for other sites.

For this particular site we would like users to post and all posts to show their firstname + surname next to the posts instead of their username.

Would this be possible with Kuenea?

Many thanks
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change subject and topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #2 by Matias
Yes, you can change setting to display real name (Users >> Display User Name = No).

But how to force users to use firstname + surname needs to be handled elsewhere (Community Builder has that feature and there are some other extensions that can do the same).

More
11 years 11 months ago #3 by sozzled
I thought about this question for a long time but I cannot give a better answer than Matias has done.

"Basic" Joomla, itself, does not separate the "real name" data into first name and last name and, because Joomla does not do this there's no way of enforcing a name policy when your users register on your site. The only thing that "basic" Joomla knows about is the "real name" and, whatever a user enters in this field when they register, that's what Kunena is able to use (as Matias wrote), too.

Other extensions, like Community Builder, may be useful in this regard, too. I remind everyone reading this that Kunena is not responsible for user registration: see How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website?

More
11 years 11 months ago #4 by wicketts
Great, I've managed to figure it out. Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds