Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Announcement Post

More
11 years 11 months ago #1 by sublevel4
Announcement Post was created by sublevel4
I am looking for a way to make a post that everyone will see. No matter what category they are in. How would that best be done?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Announcement Post
There are many ways to make announcements that your members can see when they use your forum; whether they read them, of course, is an entirely different matter. :lol: For example, did you see the announcement, here, about "Kunena 2.0.0 Beta 1 released"?

There are also other ways that you can make announcements (e.g. create a custom module that you can display on the page) but, in answering your question, I will confine my response just to using Kunena.

There is the Announcement feature; information on how to use it is given in Kunena Announcements in the Wiki. This feature displays at the top of all "index" pages (the Index (and the category and sub-category pages), My Topics and Recent Topics pages). See examples of this on the forum here at this site.

You can also make "announcements" for each category; see Category Description and Category Header mentioned in Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 1) .

I hope that helps. :)
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sublevel4

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #3 by sublevel4
Replied by sublevel4 on topic Announcement Post
Announcements are enabled, but i can't seem to find where to create an announcement.

Nevermind I didn't have the admin id in place. My bad. Thanks for the help
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sublevel4. Reason: figured it out

Time to create page: 0.345 seconds