Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Moderators can't moderate

More
11 years 10 months ago #1 by dianaNashif
Stumped on why my moderators can't moderate after upgrading to 1.7.2. Checked that they are set as moderators and they are in the category lists as moderators. All they user names show on the forum as moderators. Adminstrators and myself super admin can moderate.

What have I done wrong here or not understanding?

Thank you,

Diana

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 75M | Max file upload: 16M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : v5 | author: RocketTheme | version: 1.5.2 | creationdate: 12/31/08

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.2.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.0.45

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Moderators can't moderate
You are using a module called " Kunena Latest 1.0.45 " which (as far as I know) is next-to-impossible to obtain anywhere these days. This is a module that was written by someone who was never part of the Kunena project, written for K 1.5. Please read the important information in the K 1.7.2 release notes that states, quite clearly:

The " Kunena Latest 1.0.45 " module was not developed as part of the Kunena project, it was never properly maintained and it was never supported or endorsed for any version of Kunena by the project team.

You may also find the following topic helpful: How to assign a moderator in Kunena?

Let's make sure that you've got Kunena properly setup (by getting rid of things that get in the way such as " Kunena Latest 1.0.45 " and that you've gone through the process of properly assigning moderators to your categories, that the categories are defined as Moderated = Yes, and then let's see what else you might need to consider after those things have been done.

Administrators (including super administrators) can always moderate the forum, no matter how you've defined your categories, but assigning others to be global moderators or category moderators is a little more "involved".

It may help to show the full configuration details - as screenshots - of any one of the categories where your moderators can't perform their tasks.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dianaNashif

More
11 years 10 months ago #3 by dianaNashif
Thank you Sozzeled,

I removed Kunena Latest, created and testing moderator profile, test message and was able to moderate. Now I am waiting for one of our moderators to try on a pending message to make sure all of them can moderate again.

I think this issue is fixed but I will reply back with the results soon!

Diana

More
11 years 10 months ago #4 by dianaNashif
All is good.................many thanks again Sozzled!

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #5 by sozzled
Was the problem simply fixed by removing that old "Kunena Latest" module junk! :ohmy: Wow! We all knew that old module was bad for K 1.5 but I had no idea how disastrous it was if people tried to use it with K 1.7! :pinch:

Again, let this case be a reminder to other people: please read carefully the release notes whenever you install or upgrade software.

We're glad that you've resolved this issue so easily. :)
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 10 months ago #6 by dianaNashif
Well bad news..... the one person who is having the most trouble is still not able to moderate. She has joomla manager permission, moderator in Kunena, Global Moderation and set to yes.

Now for the weird part, I changed her joomla to administrator, kunena to administrator, global moderation still yes.....and she till can't moderate.

Next test I had her try is using a testing manager profile I set up, with Kunena moderator, global moderation set yes........and again she still can't moderate.

Next test, removed her profile and created a new one with manager permission, Kunena moderator and global moderation yes...............still nothing.

This has to be on her end right? She has win7 OS and her browsers are kept to current as well.

Any ideas for what I need to do here?

Still perplexed.................Diana

More
11 years 10 months ago #7 by sozzled
See PM sent to you.

More
11 years 10 months ago #8 by dianaNashif
I sent you a PM back Sozzled

More
11 years 10 months ago #9 by sozzled
I created a test (global) moderator on your site and I have not problems whatsoever being able to moderate topics or posts.

I don't understand the problem.

See your PM.

More
11 years 10 months ago #10 by dianaNashif
Hi Sozzled,

Well before taking your time on skype I disabled ijoomlaSEO, tested using Teka33 user to moderate and success, I could approve!!!

Now I am waiting for Teka from her computer to moderate a pending message under technical issues. I will let you know the outcome.

If she is still having an issue I will PM you to set up a time to chat.

Thank you so much for keeping on top of this and helping all of us near and afar.

Diana

Time to create page: 0.493 seconds