Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved [Resolved] URL tags case message to be blank - solved by upgrade to latest stable release

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #1 by Bob Britt
I posted a reply to a solved topic, sorry, should not have.

www.kunena.org/forum/160-K-16-and-K-17-C...-from-message#123382

I'm having the same problem right now.

here's a link to a thread on my website discussing this. Host had an update last night and now it's broke. www.modelersalliance.com/forum/help-me/1...ting-links-into-text

I've already submitted a ticket to the host, waiting for their reply.

Wonder if anyone has anymore info for us on this.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : tntsmalllogo | author: Rob Mooar | version: 1.1 | creationdate: 2009-10-25

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7 | UddeIm 2.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Discuss 1.7.1

Modules: Kunena Stats 1.7.1 | Kunena Login 1.7.1

Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Topic restored

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled

Bob Britt wrote: I'm having the same problem right now.

here's a link to a thread on my website discussing this. Host had an update last night and now it's broke. www.modelersalliance.com/forum/help-me/1...ting-links-into-text

I went to that address, read the discussion, but I did not notice anything unusual. Maybe the situation has righted itself again? :unsure:

FYI: The following extensions that you reported - Kunena 1.7.1, Kunena Stats 1.7.1, Kunena Login 1.7.1, Kunena Discuss 1.7.1 and Community Builder 1.7 - are all out-of-date and you should update them as soon as possible.

More
11 years 11 months ago #3 by Bob Britt
www.modelersalliance.com/forum/help-me/1...nks-into-text#107035

this message is blank, there's text there but the link to the none SEO URL prevents it from being shown somehow. I can remove said link and the post will process correctly.

I'll update ASAP.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
Can you show me a picture of the blank post, please, and the underlying BBcode that's in it. I see no blank posts.

I am particularly trying to understand how this relates to "stripping" of IMG tags from the BBcode or what may be preventing images from being displayed in forum messages, as implied in the topic subject.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 11 months ago #5 by Bob Britt
Well that's why I started a new thread but it seems to have been deleted.

This case is not the image tag, it's the url tag when the referenced url is not a SEO link.

Click this link, www.modelersalliance.com/forum/help-me/1...nks-into-text#107035 the message section of that post is blank even though there is text and code on the body of the message. The images you see on that post is in the users Signature.

If you scroll down the thread you'd see a post from me (moon puppy) detailing what is in the post that can not be seen by putting it in the code block.

More
11 years 11 months ago #6 by rich
I think that it is this error:
# [#194] Blank message because of a bug in BBCode URL shortening

This has been fixed in Kunena 1.7.2
docs.kunena.org/index.php/Kunena_1.7.2_Read_Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob Britt

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #7 by sozzled

Bob Britt wrote: Well that's why I started a new thread but it seems to have been deleted..

Now I understand. What a mess! Your instructions about what you had done were unclear to me. I've now fixed that problem ... I hope.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob Britt

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #8 by Bob Britt
That did it, BTW it wasn't just URL tags that was blanking out post, attached images were as well. It was the URL shortening but I think it was only the non SEO links that were effected.

Updated to 1.72 software and allswell...

I'm glad, wasn't sure how I could get a screenshot of a blank post with the offending text highlighted.. :silly:
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Bob Britt.

Time to create page: 0.549 seconds