Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Bulk upload / uploading multiple files

More
11 years 11 months ago #1 by Ewoks
Hello everyone, this is my first post in the Kunena forum and I hope I got it in the right place! I also looked for similar discussions but couldn't find any. I'm sorry if I missed those.

My question is very simple:

Is it possible for a user to upload several files at the same time?
What I mean is the following: after that the forum-user clicks on the browse button, is there a way for letting him select multiple files and not only one?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Ewoks, and welcome to Kunena.

You can only add files one at a time - you cannot select multiple files - but you all these individually-selected files are uploaded together when you press the Submit button. I hope that answers your question.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ewoks

More
11 years 11 months ago #3 by Ewoks
Hello sozzled, and thank you for your kind answer.

Your reply is indeed an answer to my question, although not the answer I was hoping for :(

Do you know if there is any addon or third party application which integrates with Kunena and can give this functionality?
Or do you know where I could look for it?

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
If you want to bulk upload lots of files to your website, use FTP. Sorry, that's the best I can help you with. Maybe there are other extensions that will allow your users to dump a multiplicity of files on your server, but that's not what Kunena was intended to be used for.

I am not aware of any third-party add-on that achieves what you're asking for.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 11 months ago #5 by Ewoks
The users of this specific website want to make some discussions about their work.
And for doing this in an effective way they need to post some figures, because they all live in different places, and want to share not only text but also figures.
Sometimes they have to upload about 5 figures. That's why I have this problem.

I thought that a bulk upload could be a possible solution, but I see that this is not possible.

do you have any suggestion on how to effectively use Kunena to make discussions involving file-sharing?

More
11 years 11 months ago #6 by sozzled
You can upload up to 8 images in a single submit by selecting one image at a time; the method is explained in 1.6 wish list . There is a limitation in PHP that controls the maximum that you can upload when you run a PHP script but, for all practical purposes, I don't think that you should really have a problem with the way that the feature currently operates in Kunena.

Ewoks wrote:

I thought that a bulk upload could be a possible solution, but I see that this is not possible.

It all depends on what you mean by "bulk upload". If you mean 50 or 100 images, then the answer is no. If you mean 5 images then the answer is yes.

My suggestion is to use the feature now, experiment with it yourself.

Time to create page: 0.631 seconds