Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Add Rights Ok, Remove Rights Doesn't Work

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #1 by vova
Okay so I have a weird problem here I noticed while walking someone through his new website. I have three categories on my site for three levels of members (let's say 1, 2 and 3).

If I add level 2 to a user, he can see the level 2 categories no problem. But if I remove level 2 it does not remove his access to level 2 categories. The only way around this is to go back to those categories, select level 2 again, and save. This seems to refresh it and kick it into gear.

I have tested this numerous times and am nearly 100% confident this is what is causing the problem.

Config report to follow (btw using groups, and if I use joomla or CB in the settings).

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 50M | Max file upload: 15M

Joomla default template details : officeprime-tg | author: TG | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 19-10-2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7.1 | UddeIm 2.6

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #2 by Matias
Kunena 1.7 ACL gets cached into the database and you need to run Synchronize users to get the effect right away. K2.0 changes this and keeps ACL inside session, which means that logout will do it in the new version.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vova

More
11 years 11 months ago #3 by vova
Awesome thank you. The extra step is not a problem, my fear is that I want to finish this site and then have minimal participation. Each exception and special scenario is one more excuse for me to get pulled back in. But if it is as simple as "after chaging user permissions, synch users in forum" then that is a piece of cake :lol:.

More
11 years 11 months ago #4 by michalis
forgive me for my ignorance, but what software are using to give diferent levels of access? I am looking for some but no luck

Time to create page: 0.463 seconds