Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved [Resolved] IMG tags being stripped from message

More
12 years 1 week ago #1 by itgl72
My hosting provider, which has always been been very good, recently had some sort of scheduled maintenance, and this question may have nothing to do with my problem, but it may or may not be a coincidence.

I've noticed that when posting or previewing a message, sometimes, if not always urls inside of IMG tags make the entire post disappear. To clarify, a user puts a jpg's url inbetween img tags, and the entire message shows up as an empty message, if we remove the line with the url in between img tags, then post or preview it, the message is displayed again.

Perhaps we've missed an option in the back end?

Perhaps a change to the account somewhere, a database maybe when maintenance took place?

Any suggestions here would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #2 by sozzled
Welcome back, itgl72! :)

Coincidences, possibly, but it's difficult to say without seeing the actual BBcode that is not working on your site. You could try the same code here (in the Playground section) to verify the syntax. It might help to see your configuration report, too.

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #3 by itgl72
Its just the every day img /img code you see in every forum :-) Below is an example of how it should work, a working image in a forum post, using IMG BB code:

That same img code on my forum now makes the entire message BLANK, I remove it, and the entire message returns. :pinch:

Would have to get back to you on the other information. But, I'm just looking preliminarily now to get any idea of what might cause something like this. I have not installed anything new on the joomla part of this website in a long time, its just "worked" and then, this happened. Other than the maintenance, I do not have anything else really to draw on.
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by itgl72.

More
12 years 1 week ago - 11 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
We could draw more information from your configuration report if you would like to provide us with the details. Can you do that, please?
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon

More
12 years 1 week ago #5 by itgl72
When I came back home, I went to the kunena back end, just resaved the configuration after making a general change, nothing specific, something like, do not show ebay icon. Saved it, and now it showed IMG again.

No idea...

Time to create page: 0.501 seconds