Kunena 6.0.6 & Kunena 5.2.13 & blue eagle5 1.6.8 released as security release (Yesterday)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.0.6 [K 6.0.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.2.x. This is a security release.

× Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] Location of Post Files

More
10 years 7 months ago #1 by ajweber
Hi,

I just had a rash of unwanted post on my site. I reactivated security software ect.... so now I just to clean up the forum. All of the post were in one category as a reply to one thread. Although I should be able to just delete them, as soon as I either use the check box to select those post or try to open them, my machine locks up. I've unsubscribed tht one category to protext other users, but now I'd like to find out the exact location of those files so I can delete those post and get that category back online. The address bar reports

index.php/en/forum/64-general-discussion/62-title

If someone could point me to where the forum folder is I can take it from there.

Thanks!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Location of Post Files
G'day, ajweber, and welcome to Kunena.

Forum topics and messages (or posts) are not stored as files; they're stored (as records) in the Joomla database. If you are having problems deleting messages or topics by using the moderator tools, then it either there is something peculiar happening inside the database or there's something peculiar happening inside Kunena on your site. It would help you (and us who are trying to help you) if you read What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? and provide us with a few clues about your Kunena set-up. Thanks.

More
10 years 7 months ago #3 by ajweber
Replied by ajweber on topic Re: Location of Post Files
Ok, one of the things the requested on the page you recommended was a Cofiguration report which is posted here. My initial post is more of a request than a problem. I can easily just trash the whole category, create a new one and push forward, but there are post by other users that I want to salvage and keep.

Tha problem is that whatever content the spammer included in 16 separate entries immediatley brings your computer to screaching halt if you try to access it on the site. I just want to go into where the information is on my ftp site, find the file, whatever format it's in and delete the offending information so I can republish the good ones. If there isn't way to do it the way I've described then I will just trash the category, which is not what I want to do.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : siteground-j16-21 | author: SiteGround | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: 07 October 2011

Kunena default template details : nts_kdark | author: 9ThemeStore | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8 | UddeIm 2.6

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1 | Kunena Stats 1.7.1 | Kunena Search 1.7.1

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Location of Post Files
You can remove the spam posts by using the user ban facility. See Moderator's tools in the Wiki. You should not need to delve into the database - if you do, you could destroy your whole website if you don't know what you're doing.

I also suggest that you might look at Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in the Wiki.

Can you point to one of the topics on your site that causes these "crashes" you mentioned, please?

I notice that you do not have a Kunena menu enabled. Maybe it would be a good idea to enable this?
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #5 by ajweber
Ok, the category is back up for 30min or so, I don't want my users to experience what I did!

I don't think you understand the problem, if I select any of the opposing subjects, even indirectly my machine locks up. I get a windos warning asking if I want to continue running the script and that if I do it could effect the rest of my programs. I can't touch it on the front end, that's why I wanted to know how to delete it from the ftp side.

fsnavnet.com/index.php/en/forum/64-general-discussion
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by ajweber.

More
10 years 7 months ago #6 by ajweber
Ok, I was able to fix it. I managed to get to the post on the front end delete them.

Thanks for info.

More
10 years 7 months ago #7 by sozzled
That's all you had to do. Easy, wasn't it? ;)

More
10 years 7 months ago #8 by ajweber
No it wasn't!! I'm not new to this, just the software. I had to play with other files in ordeer to get access to those post. .

More
10 years 7 months ago #9 by sozzled
What "other files" were these? :dry:

More
10 years 7 months ago #10 by sozzled
As a matter of interest, I see that your site has a new user (kelly71) - shows in red meaning an adminsitrator. Maybe all your new users are registering as administrators? I don't have access to your user list. Perhaps you might like to check this out.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds