Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Remove "profile views" from profile

More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #1 by J2012
I'd like to get rid of the "profile view" counter. Is this possible?

I would also like to add other fields to the mini-profile (under the avatar area) that members can edit from their profile. Does that make sense?
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by J2012.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, J2012, and welcome to Kunena.

J2012 wrote: I'd like to get rid of the "profile view" counter. Is this possible?

Nothing is impossible but everything has a cost. I do not know of a way to disable this display with a configuration setting but it should be easy to change if you modify the PHP script that generates the profile display. I am not a developer; I don't know (without spending time searching the Kunena source code) which file you need to look at and which line(s) of code you need to change but this should not take you too long. Of course, as soon as you change the PHP code you are then responsible for maintaining it later if anything goes wrong.

J2012 wrote: I would also like to add other fields to the mini-profile (under the avatar area) that members can edit from their profile. Does that make sense?

This is a big question and it deserves it's own topic. This idea has been discussed many times before. One example is here: Is there a way to add new profile fields?

The short answer is that the feature does not currently exist in K 1.7.2 but, if you are prepared to pay someone to design it for you, you can make it happen.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #3 by J2012
I see. Thanks for the response. I'll probably just leave it as it is :D

Time to create page: 0.567 seconds