Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] User List limited to 150?

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #1 by Admata
About Kunena 1.7.2 It seems to be that the User List is limited to 150 lines, no matter how many lines you determine on backend or even if you choose 'Show all'. This could be a feature, but because there is place to define that in backend, I think it´s a minor bug. Not a big deal in any way, but I just tought that I mention about it, just in case...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
How many users to you have on your site? Are you using the default Blue Eagle template? Perhaps, if we saw you K 1.7 configuration report, we might know more? Maybe other members of the community are experiencing this issue, too? :unsure:

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #3 by Admata

sozzled wrote: How many users to you have on your site? Are you using the default Blue Eagle template? Perhaps, if we saw you K 1.7 configuration report, we might know more? Maybe other members of the community are experiencing this issue, too? :unsure:

I have 190 members in my site and yes, I´m using the default Blue Eagle template with blending option and some well known CSS overuling by my Joomla template. I don´t think my configuration has anything to do with it, but I paste it here anyway so you can check it. (Yes, my Kunena latest is a way outdated, but it works fine for me and it cannot have anything to do with user list.) I´m quite sure that this is common minor bug and no big deal for me, but just to let you know.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 100 seconds | Max execution memory: 200M | Max file upload: 200M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : hakomaja030710 | author: | version: 1.1 | creationdate: 2010-07-03

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: UddeIm

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.0-RC2 | Kunena Search 1.6.4

More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #4 by Admata
My message got here double for some reason? :unsure: No delete option, so I empty this second.
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by Admata.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #5 by sozzled
The reason why I asked you to post your configuration report was because the last time you did that (3½ months ago) you we still using the old, outdated Kunena Latest module and the old, outdated Kunena Search module and you had problems then. I wanted to see if you had used the last 3½ months to update that old, outdated software.

I conducted a test here on www.kunena.org (you can do it yourself by going to www.kunena.org/forum/userlist ). There are more than 28,000 users here. Can you imagine what happen if you tried to list all of them on a single page (i.e. if you chose the "Display = All" option)? I think you would find that it would bring this website crashing to a screaming halt!

What determines the limit of 150 users? I don't know. It's just a number. Maybe you could find the reason by examining the PHP source code to see why "150" was chosen.

Very simply, if you want to list all the users on your site - and you have more than 150 users - you cannot use the "Display = All" option. Show 100 and then go to the next page to see the rest.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #6 by Admata

sozzled wrote: the last time you did that (3½ months ago) you we still using the old, outdated Kunena Latest module and the old, outdated Kunena Search module and you had problems then.

I have had no problems related to them, not then and not now. Of course I admit that it´s a good principle to have everything updated, so thanks for reminding. I will fix my shortage today.

sozzled wrote: Very simply, if you want to list all the users on your site - and you have more than 150 users - you cannot use the "Display = All" option. Show 100 and then go to the next page to see the rest.

A very good suggestion - if there were some pagination in Kunena 1.7.2 default User list. Here in this forum, you use some addon to display the users.

EDIT: When 'Users Per Page' is set more than 150 in Forum Configuration / plug-ins there is no pagination in userlist. If, in that case, I choose 'Show 100', the pagination doesn´t work, next page just shows first 150 users. But if I set 'Users Per Page' to 100 in Forum Configuration, pagination works as it should.

This minor "problem" is solved for my needs just good :)
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by Admata.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #7 by Admata

sozzled wrote: What determines the limit of 150 users? I don't know. It's just a number. Maybe you could find the reason by examining the PHP source code to see why "150" was chosen.

I did. 150 users limitation is clearly a planned feature - not a bug, like I thought.

In userlist.php lines 77 and 78:
Code:
// this is need to show something when the user choose all, but we need to limit even the 'all' with a number if ( $this->limit == 0 || $this->limit > 150) $querylimit = '150';
Prehaps this should be mentioned also in Forum Configuration where users (like I) can set the lines more than 150?

Time to create page: 0.549 seconds