Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] Categories locked

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by vrouwenvoetbal
Good morning

Recently my site www.vrouwenvoetbalnederland.nl has been changed from joomla 1.0 (with Fireboard0 to Joomla 1.5 with Kuena.

However, I have problems with posting, all my categories appeared to be locked, and in the backend they are all published for the public.

This morning I have uploaded 1.7.2 Kuena and disable the Legacy Mode
However, this didn't work for me.
Also I have some errors, like JFolder::create: Could not create directory

Can anybode help me what's wrong with my Forum?

As a Moderator I can post and delete messages.
But I tried als as new visitor, nothing :huh:

Thanks for any help.

Regards
Saskia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Categories locked
G'day, Saskia , and welcome to Kunena.

I have seen this happen before, in one or two cases, when a category becomes locked. This sometimes occurs because the section (the container for a number of categories) becomes locked and there's no direct way to unlock a section. For an understanding of the terms "section" and "category", see Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 1) .

It's easy enough to unlock sections. What you do is convert the section into a category of another section, and then you can unlock it using the Kunena Category Manager. After you do that, you convert it back into a section and then you should be OK. It's not easy for me to explain how to do this in words, but it's not really too hard to do. You could also unlock any locked sections or categories if you were comfortable with modifying the SQL tables but we do not recommend doing things that way on this forum (see How To Destroy your forum data... )

The other matter you raised - JFolder::create: Could not create directory - is quite important. Usually this problem occurs because of a folder/file permissions problem on your website. Please read Securing Kunena for tips on what you should do. I hope some of this helps. :)

More
12 years 1 month ago #3 by vrouwenvoetbal
Thanks for your quick reply back.

Indeed I had the section and category locked myself. I was confused by the green box for yes.
Oh well problem solved.

The other problem, I have changed all the folder/directories with correct CHMOD, however, still the same.

Thanks
Saskia

More
12 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
I'm pleased to hear that we resolved the question you asked about locked categories.

Your second question, however, is off-topic to this subject and deserves separate treatment. You should search the forum for "JFolder::create: Could not create directory" to see other topics where this question has been asked and answered.

We do not want to confuse other people reading this topic (who are hoping it will answer your question about locked categories") if we continue to discuss your other problem here. OK?

Time to create page: 0.497 seconds