Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] Lightbox for Images

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by betteryouthanme
Hi,
i want to use the existing ImageSizer for Kunena:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/photos-...rticles-images/18402

I've chosen "use existing one" but Kunena won't work with it.
Maybe you could include a option for it in the next version?
Or is there any other workaround?

Thanks

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Lightbox for Images
We've had a few questions, like yours, in the past on this subject. There are all kinds of different Javascript-driven lightbox things that exist - some of them work with Kunena and some may not - but the one that the Kunena project chose is one that the developers know will work. Yes, it's entirely possible to use something else (but we haven't tested them to know for certain if they don't cause other issues in the running of the forum). So that's something you will have to ascertain for yourself.

Perhaps other members of the community have found a way to use this particular software? If they have, perhaps they might like to contribute to this discussion.

You raise a good point and it's something that we might consider, going forward with K 2.0, but I don't have any other information at hand to answer your question better than I have now.

The choices in the forum configuration settings are limited:

Forum Configuration » Frontend » Look and Feel » Enable Lightbox for Images = No | Yes | Use Existing One

I'm sorry, I don't really know what the third option does.

More
12 years 1 month ago #3 by betteryouthanme
you know what kind of lightbox extension is working for Kunena?
It appears that "Use Existing One" option is not functional.

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

More
12 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Lightbox for Images
As I wrote above, I don't know what the third option does. Try the standard lightbox effect and use Enable Lightbox for Images = Yes. If this does not work, I don't have any other advice for you, sorry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: betteryouthanme

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #5 by betteryouthanme
Yes the standard one works without any problems.
It's just because i wanted to use one lightbox for the whole page. The Joomla lightbox for articles i've installed makes the background darker and Kunena lightbox brighter.

However it's not so important. Waiting for the next update maybe there's a solution then.

Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by betteryouthanme.

Time to create page: 0.344 seconds