Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] Broken Rules Menu Tab

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by bobmc859
Hello all...

I unpublished the Rules Menu tab while I created a Terms page to go with that menu option.

After creating the terms pege I attempted to link the rules menu tab to that page. That didn't seem to work and looks like it broke the menu tab.

Even though I reverted this menu type back to what the others show I'm not seeing the menu option show up. I've included a couple of screen shots.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks,
Bob

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by Jiminimonka
Hi,

If you read the Documentation you would see the answer to this is here How to create a rules and a help page - Kunena .

Once you have created your Rules document, you need to tell Kunena the ID of the article, in Configuration -> Frontend.

Hope this helps.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
12 years 1 month ago #3 by bobmc859
Replied by bobmc859 on topic Re: Broken Rules Menu Tab
Thanks for pointing that out, that does address one of my issues, however the Rule Menu tab is still not showing up in the forum menu options..

As you can see in the image it's published, however it's as if its not apart of the Kunean menu structure.. I can't seem to get it to show up there.

Thanks,
Bob

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #4 by Jiminimonka
Please post a screensheet of your Kunena admin panel, Frontend.

EDIT: Scrap that, from the screenshot you provided, Rules is not a submenu of Kunena at all, its parent should be the Kunena menu, you have changed it to a parent.

Please read the FAQ.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Jiminimonka.

More
12 years 1 month ago #5 by Jiminimonka
Screenshot of your Kunena menu

Screenshot of my Kunena menu

Rules should not be the top menu.

Please read the FAQ.
Attachments:

More
12 years 1 month ago #6 by bobmc859
If I compare one of the other menu tabs such as Help or Search the Rules are setup excatly the same.. I'm have no clue what I've done wrong here..if you look at the rule1 screen shot it looks the same as the others..right?

More
12 years 1 month ago #7 by Jiminimonka
My suggestion to you, go to your Joomla admin and delete the Kunena menu entirely.

Then go into Kunena admin and use the Create Menu icon to recreate them from scratch.

That should re-create your Kunena menu so it looks like mine. Then you can just go to Kunena Admin -> Frontend and put the Article ID in the Rules section, and everything should work fine.

Please read the FAQ.

More
12 years 1 month ago #8 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Broken Rules Menu Tab
If you have no idea what you've done wrong, here's a quick fix: read How do I restore my Kunena menu?

More
12 years 1 month ago #9 by bobmc859
Thanks.. Didn't relize there was that option.. That did the trick, once I recreated it all went back to normal.

Thanks!!

Bob

Time to create page: 0.648 seconds