Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Use a different editor?

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by ccvortex
Possible to use JCE or even Tiny instead of the built-in Kunena editor?
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Use a different editor?
Thank you for your question. The answer to your question is no.
More
12 years 1 month ago #3 by Toolie
Replied by Toolie on topic Re: Use a different editor?
Can we have a ruling as to why not? I just had a client ask if we could use JCE because it allows different front-end profiles. He uses the forum as his Groups function, and wants to be able to quickly add links to files on the server by browsing to the files. I would love to be able to tell him that you're considering it...

Thoughts?

Toolie
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
See [Merged topic] WYSIWYG editor for Kunena: How to allow HTML tags? for background discussion on this topic.

We are actively canvassing improvements to the Kunena BBcode editor/parser as part of K 2.0 but, I'm sorry to disappoint you, those considerations do not involve the use of JCE or other WYSIWYG editors.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #5 by Wineblue2
OK so I am supplying the requested info regarding the issues I am having. I do not see my previous posts or attached images though.
This message contains confidential information

Configuration Report

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 100M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : ja_norite | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 2.5.0 | creationdate: February 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.4.3

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.2 | Kunena Discuss 1.7.2 | My Kunena Forum Menu 1.7.1 | My Kunena Forum Posts 1.7.1 | Kunena Groups 1.7.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.2 | Kunena Stats 1.7.2 | Kunena Login 1.7.2 | Kunena Search 1.7.2

More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #6 by sozzled

Wineblue2 wrote: I do not see my previous posts or attached images though.

If you click the menu item My Topics above, you will see all the topics you have started or that to which you have contributed. You will find all of your previously posts, including those containing images - images that were off-topic to this discussion, BTW - using the My Topics view. ;)

The reason that you are not seeing these things now is because you posted a message that partly related this topic but mostly about something entirely different. I chose to split what you posted from this topic.

For the time being I am leaving this fractured topic like it is even though (for others reading it now) it will make no sense. I am doing this for Wineblue2's benefit so that he will read this message and then he will use My Topics to find the answers to the other questions he asked. This is just another forum moderation issue where people resurrect an old topic, ask several different questions in one posting and moderators have to decide what's the best way to handle things.
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #7 by Wineblue2
OK thanks sozzled. When using search to find info on various topics or issues the returns generally land people into topics such as this and failing the ability to locate a specific makes this a bit difficult. I've yet to find any solutions to the issues I've listed but hoping that the config info I provided will shed some light on what the cause it for these issues listed.
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #8 by sozzled
The configuration report was needed in relation to the other off-topic matter that you raised. The report is unnecessary in the context of this topic.

This topic essentially asks "is it possible to use a different editor with Kunena?" For example, would it be possible to use a third-party WYSIWYG editor, developed for Joomla in Kunena? Another example, would it be possible to use the JCE editor in Kunena?

I have answered these questions on two different occasions in this topic and I refer you and others to what I wrote in msgs #2 and #4 above. My information has not changed in the three weeks that I posted my earlier replies. I am not too sure what further information you are requesting from us. Perhaps you could guide me to a better understanding of your request, please.
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #9 by Wineblue2
:pinch: The two issues:

As shown in the images I provided, the font color is entirely too light making it very difficult to read even with the Blue Eagle template which is what made me ask about an editor that would allow me to control this color more accurately. There are also black square bullet points appearing for which I cannot account where they are coming from or how to get rid of them.
More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #10 by sozzled
Wineblue2: You continue to use this topic "use a different editor" to ask about a styling issue on your website. Did you use My Topics as I suggested you do, to find the recent topics that you created or that you have contributed to?

You have also asked these similar questions in three different subjects and I'm finding that we're engaged in a game of catch-me-if-you-can. I have answered the question, "[Is it possible to] use a different editor?"; the answer is no.

In order not to further confuse others who must be mystified about these CSS style issues that you're having (and I've answered those questions too, but in a different topic) and, therefore, what is going on here, I am locking this topic.
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by sozzled.
Time to create page: 0.410 seconds