Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question 80 character limit to category names?

More
12 years 2 months ago #1 by ccvortex
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rhuk_milkyway | author: Andy Miller | version: 1.0.2 | creationdate: 11/20/06

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1

Does anyone know how to change the 80 character limit to category/forum names? I need to have both English and Chinese in the category/forum name since they cannot be language-switched with the rest of the site.

Thanks all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by 810
kunena settings- frontend - Length Settings- Max. Subject Length

regards 810
The following user(s) said Thank You: ccvortex

More
12 years 2 months ago #3 by sozzled
As far as I can tell, the category_name field in the kunena_categories table is defined as type tinytext . This allows for a maximum 255 characters to be stored.

The setting that 810 refers to is in relation to the subject length used when a topic is posted on the forum. I am unsure how Kunena category names are restricted to 80 characters - if, indeed, such a restriction occurs - but I imagine it could be changed by modifying the PHP script that allows for entry of category names in the Kunena Category Manager. Perhaps, for some non-English forums, 80 characters is not "generous" enough. I really cannot comment further on the request that ccvortex has made beyond what I have written here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ccvortex

More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by ccvortex
Thanks for the reply.
The character limit is 80, that's for sure. Any idea which PHP file contains the limiter?

More
12 years 2 months ago #5 by sozzled
I don't know the answer, no, sorry.

More
12 years 2 months ago #6 by ccvortex
810 was correct, it was the max length setting. Thanks fellas.

Time to create page: 0.424 seconds