Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question What is, clean user cache?

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #1 by zijo
When Joomla user is upgraded with additional permission, in Kunene nothing happens until I use “clean user cache”.
I am using subscription plug and would like promoted user gets an instant access.
I am wondering which cache is it, does it expire at some time where the time can be changed?
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by zijo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #2 by zijo
Replied by zijo on topic Re: What is, clean user cache?
Is it possible to have “clean user cache” automatically run every few hours ?

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #3 by sozzled
You should not need to use the Synchronize Users (Clean User Cache) function very often. Significant improvements were introduced in K 1.7.2 to overcome the problem that you referred to in your first post. The function is sometimes needed if you change a user's Joomla permissions while they are still logged-in to your forum. Joomla permissions are only queried at the time a user logs in. If you clear the user cache then this will force a requery of those permissions if the user is still logged-in. Otherwise, when the user logs out, the permissions will be requeried the next time that user logs in.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by zijo
It is latest kunena version.

The point is, it should be an automated subscription but user promotion changes in kunena only when “Synchronize Users” is applied.”

Since the user is subscribing of course he is logged in when his status changes.

I am looking for solution how it can be an automated subscription. When user subscribes he should get instant access or at least it can be after few hours.

The way it is, he will get an access only when I manually activate it.

More
12 years 2 months ago #5 by sozzled
If the subscription plugin modifies Joomla permissions on-the-fly and if some of your forum categories are restricted via Joomla permissions then I can understand how the issue may affect your circumstances.

It would seem that another plugin needs to be written, triggered by the plugin that modifies Joomla permissions on-the-fly, that clears the Kunena user cache. So it would seem. Would you agree?

I don't have a technical solution in mind. Perhaps another member of the community could help us with this question.

More
12 years 2 months ago #6 by zijo
Yes.

Akeeba subscription has a plugin to upgrade joomla subscribed user.

Perhaps if kunena code to sinc users is inserted there, it might work.

I would try to add it if I know which code.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #7 by zijo

I would appreciate if someone from Kunena tells me which code is activated when sinc users is clicked and where the code is located.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #8 by zijo
Inside subscription plugin i added

public function onAKSubscriptionChange($row, $info)
{
if(is_null($info) || empty($info)) return;
if(array_key_exists('enabled', (array)$info)) {
$this->onAKUserRefresh($row->user_id);

//mycode
$kunena_app = & JFactory::getApplication ();
$kunena_db = &JFactory::getDBO ();
//reset access rights
$kunena_db->setQuery ( "UPDATE #__kunena_sessions SET allowed='na'" );
$kunena_db->query ();

//mycode

Now it works :-)
User can subscribe to Kunena categories. After paypal he gets an instant access.

Time to create page: 0.545 seconds