Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Why does my RSS feed only show topics from the last week?

More
12 years 2 months ago #1 by FAN
I have a RSS feed at my forum but it isn't working correctly.
It is showing none or just a few messages.

The URL is feed://www.fan.tv/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=rss&format=feed&Itemid=0

See attached screenshot with settings.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Someone any idea?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
Suggestions for you:

(1) Upgrade to K 1.7.2
(2) See the posting guide (printed at the top of this page) and include your configuration report - it's a lot easier to read the configuration report than it is to read an image.

Perhaps the reason you are only seeing a few messages is because of the RSS settings you have chosen. That makes sense. It would also make sense that, for example, if your settings were "show me the topics updated in the past week on the RSS page" (and you did not have any updates in the past week) there might be nothing to show. The fact that the link you gave us shows that there is one topic seems to indicate that the RSS function works. I don't know any more than this at the moment, without seeing your config. report.

Posting your config. report will generally help us to give you help more quickly.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 months ago #3 by FAN
Sorry, forgotten the config again...

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Joomla default template details : yoo_pure | author: YOOtheme | version: 5.5.11 | creationdate: September 2011

Kunena default template details : Aphotic | author: snilloconator | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 2010-23-09

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: UddeIm 2.6

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: The file doesn't exist sh404sef.xml !

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.1 | Kunena Discuss 1.7.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1 | Kunena Search 1.7.1

More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
As I wrote earlier, can you first start by using the latest version of Kunena. K 1.7.2 .. and then post your config. report. It would really make life a lot simpler for all of us if you did that.

Your config report says "Show topics updated in the past week."

Your site has only one topic updated in the past week. There is not issue problem here that I can see.

If you want a larger RSS feed page, change the RSS settings.

More
12 years 2 months ago #5 by FAN
I was busy already :P

Forum has been upgraded and Joomla also. I will get back to you after I have spoken to the person testing this.

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : yoo_pure | author: YOOtheme | version: 5.5.11 | creationdate: September 2011

Kunena default template details : Aphotic | author: snilloconator | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 2010-23-09

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: UddeIm 2.6

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: The file doesn't exist sh404sef.xml !

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.1 | Kunena Discuss 1.7.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1 | Kunena Search 1.7.1

More
12 years 2 months ago #6 by rich
You have a wrong setting in "Backend > Kunena Forum > Forum Configuration > Frontend > Recent Topics Time Period". Currently it's "Since Last Visit". When you want see RSS from 1 week, change these option also to one week.
Afterwards clear the cache, to see the RSS result.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
12 years 2 months ago #7 by FAN
I will test that.

I thought the setting you talk about was just about the topics you see when you log in to the forum as a user. I didn't think it had anything to do with a general available RSS feed. I was wrong?

More
12 years 2 months ago #8 by FAN
Update: things are going better, so as far as I can see the update did something good.

Is there a way to set how often the RSS is being refreshed or don't I understand RSS? It takes some time for a topic to get to the RSS feed. I would like it to be almost real time.

More
12 years 2 months ago #9 by rich

I would like it to be almost real time.

Try the setting in RSS Feed "Caching Interval = 0".

Time to create page: 0.446 seconds