Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Fatal Error: Call to a member function enqueueMessage() on a non-object in components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.karma.php

More
12 years 2 months ago #1 by theghost
Hello,

When ever I try to give karma I get a page that says

"Fatal Error was detected!

Fatal Error: Call to a member function enqueueMessage() on a non-object in components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.karma.php on line 65

The error was detected in the Kunena Component.

For support click here: Kunena Support"

I tried as someone in another post suggested and changed line 65 to:

"$kunena_app->enqueueMessage ( JText::_ ( 'COM_KUNENA_ERROR_TOKEN' ), 'error' );"

but this gives me another error:

"Error
You have entered information to an obsolete form from another session. Please verify that the user account is yours and please try again!"

So I'm still unable to get this to work. Anybody have an idea what is causing this? I'm using the default template as well.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #3 by theghost
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 100M

Joomla default template details : ALRI | author: ALRI | version: 1.0.2 | creationdate: 22 July 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by theghost. Reason: conf info

More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

Please upgrade to Joomla! 1.5.25 and to Kunena 1.7.2, don't forget to disable legacy mode if you don't use components which require this mode.

In your Joomla! menu manager, please make sure that each menu item has his own alias, two menu items with the same alias will confuse Joomla! and Kunena.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 2 months ago #5 by sozzled
Yes, it's very important that people understand about legacy mode and the dangers that running J! 1.0 extensions pose to the reliability of your Joomla website. To properly understand what is actually responsible for causing the HTTP 500 Internal Server Error, please read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error .

Most of the time (99.98% of cases) HTTP 500 errors that happen with Kunena are not caused by Kunena but by something else.

Joomla menus should not normally cause HTTP 500 errors but, if you don't get them right, they will cause other problems. There are many topics on the forum that deal with the Kunena menu and you will find more help by looking at the FAQs page (see the menu item near the top of this page).

I recommend upgrading to K 1.7.2, disable the System - Legacy plugin, read the advice about legacy mode and HTTP 500 errors in the Wiki and, next time you post your configuration report on this forum, please do not edit it if you want a faster response to your questions.

More
12 years 2 months ago #6 by theghost
Thanks for the reply. And sorry about the edit. I only edited out the site contact info.

I upgraded to K 1.7.2, disabled legacy and still get the error when I click on the Karma plus symbol in the forum header.

"Error
You have entered information to an obsolete form from another session. Please verify that the user account is yours and please try again!"

Here is updated report:

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 100M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : ALRI | author: ALRI | version: 1.0.2 | creationdate: 22 July 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
12 years 2 months ago #7 by theghost
Solved:

I did not realize that another menu item was created by Kunena itself named forum other than my main menu link named forum. I just changed the alias so it was different and it solved the Karma problem.

Thank you for all your help!

More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #8 by sneaky
Replied by sneaky on topic Buttons : Karma and Thanks
Hii there,

I have an little problem in my forum.
This is the code that i saw :
Code:
Fatal Error: Call to a member function enqueueMessage() on a non-object in components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.karma.php on line 65

i can not anny more use the 2 buttons, they dont work anny more.

whan i click ons one off the both, than i have this message in my header from the forum:
You have entered information in an outdated form. Refresh the page and try again!

Greets,
Sneaky.
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by sneaky.

More
Time to create page: 0.601 seconds