Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Users able to post to locked Categories

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #1 by adricist
Hi,

I am having a strange issue with users being able to post to a locked Category. My Forums are structured in 3 levels with Sections(1), Category(2) and Subcategory(3). Sections are fine as you cannot post to them directly. I have locked all my Categories, as I need them only as SubSections and I am allowing Registered users only to post in the Subcategories or level 3. The problem I am having is that although the Categories at Level 2 show the padlock icon if a user clicks them they can still post to them! :unsure: If however I navigate from the top Menu Tabs to that Level 2 Category, then I am only able to post to the Subcategory at Level 3, which is perfect.

Can someone please explain to me why the users are able to post to that Level 2 if they navigate there from the main Index page? I have tried also setting the access of those level 2 Categories to Nobody but it makes no difference! Even though I have them Locked and with Nobody, users can still post!

Any help with be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Adri

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 800 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 100M

Joomla default template details : ja_regulus_ex | author: JoomlArt.com | version: Extra | creationdate: 19 Jul 06

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by adricist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
Please read Legacy mode.

Upgrade to K 1.7.2. Please upgrade to J! 1.5.25.

You have a really complicated Joomla menu structure. Is there some way you can simplify it?

More
12 years 2 months ago #3 by adricist
Thank you for your prompt reply.

I will upgrade both Joomla and Kunena and report back!

Adri

More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
Don't forget: disable the System - Legacy plugin. It's important. :)

More
12 years 2 months ago #5 by adricist
Ok,

I have setup a cloned site and I have done all the updates but unfortunately no difference! :(

What else could it be?

Adri

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 800 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 100M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : ja_hedera | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.1.0 | creationdate: 10/13/07

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
12 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
I cannot see any topics/categories on your website. Have you a test account we could use to login please? Test account should be non-privileged one. You can use the

More
12 years 2 months ago #7 by adricist
Try this!

More
12 years 2 months ago #8 by sozzled
That account does not work - needs to be enabled.

I'll look into the matter tomorrow.

More
12 years 2 months ago #9 by adricist
Just tried it and it works.

This is from the front end. Are you asking to have administrator access from the back end?

Adri

More
12 years 2 months ago #10 by Matias
Just a thought: do you have GroupJive installed and those locked categories are in groups? I'm just trying to find out what could cause this issue...

Time to create page: 0.544 seconds