Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] Deleting posts permanently?

More
12 years 1 month ago #1 by missalexrowsell
Using Kunena 1.7.1:

From the forum, as a moderator/admin I am capable of "deleting" a topic, however it is still viewable by mods/admins. I found the purge trash option to remove it, but its there a way to set it up to automatically permanently delete when someone with sufficient privileges does so?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
There are two ways to permanently delete a post/topic.

If you have deleted a post or a topic that you can still view it as a moderator/administrator, there will be a "Permanently delete" button. Use that.

You can permanently delete topics from the category Index view. Select the topic using the checkbox on the right and then choose "Permanently delete" from the selection at the bottom of the screen. This method bypasses the need to delete a topic first.

There is no way you can bypass the "delete-then-permanently-delete" procedure for a post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: missalexrowsell

More
12 years 1 month ago #3 by missalexrowsell
Well, I clicked thanks before I tested that solution out. I do not have available to me anywhere on the front end of the live website any "permanent delete" options, at any stage in the game, be it at the index level or after deleting from within topic itself.

Is this maybe a setting we have somehow changed? If so, where is it found on the backend?

Thanks again for your quick response.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
The permanently delete option is there if you are logged in as an administrator. I believe moderators have the ability to permanently delete a post, too, as long as they can view the deleted post. Can you view the deleted post?

If you think you may have wrongly changed your configuration settings, you should post your configuration report.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: missalexrowsell

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #5 by missalexrowsell
Found a work around I guess. I was just hoping for an easier, less nagging around way.

After I have deleted the thread (from within the thread), I get a permanently delete option on each post. Even when that is done for the OP, all the following posts need to be individually permanently deleted.

The full time administrator has said that if he has to purge, thats fine, he was just hoping for an automatic way to do it rather than going back side to do it.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by missalexrowsell.

Time to create page: 0.365 seconds