Kunena 5.2 RC3 Released (29 Nov 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the third public release candidate of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 RC3 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

× Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved [Merged topic] How to mark a topic resolved

More
8 years 10 months ago #1 by BrainDrained
We are using Kunena 1.7.1 to support out members and we would like it if we could mark posts as [RESOLVED] and locked.

We know how to lock but I do not see a way to mark a topic [RESOLVED]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, BrainDrained, and welcome to Kunena.

We've had this discussion before (how to allow someone a simple means to make a topic as "resolved", "solved", "fixed", "answered", etc., including the possibility for the person who originally asked the question to lock the topic. Unfortunately, though, there isn't really an easier way at the moment except for the person who starts a topic to edit their first message, change the subject (insert the text "[RESOLVED]", perhaps), or for a forum moderator to edit the first message in the topic and do the same thing.

Unfortunately, at the moment, that's the way it is. I hope this answers your question, even if it doesn't fully resolve it. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrainDrained

More
8 years 8 months ago #3 by Beccam
Replied by Beccam on topic Marking a thread as resolved
Hi, I haven't found a way to do this - and assume it is not a feature of the forums, but wan't to be thorough and make sure. Is there a way to add a "resolved" graphic to a forum post? If not, is anyone aware of any plugins to the Kunena system that would add this functionality?

As I don't see a way to do this, I am going to suggest to our users that they edit the title of their threads to add "resolved" to it.

Appreciate any information anyone has regarding this.

Thank you

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 7 months ago #5 by sozzled
This has been implemented in K 2.0.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds