Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Private Forum

More
12 years 3 months ago #1 by larrybertleman
Private Forum was created by larrybertleman
Hi all,

I want to create a totally private forum for internal use at work. It will be for work related stuff, not the sort of things we want published on our main forum. Can someone suggets the best way of doing this please?

Thanks

Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #2 by larrybertleman
Replied by larrybertleman on topic Re: Private Forum
Hi,

I seem to have sorted this now, well I hope I have anyway!

Basically I created a new forum, and a new level of access (super users only) and selected the new access level and locked all the threads. I can only see the forum when i log in as a super user and I cannot see it when i log in as a standard user.

Can anyone see any problems that I might face using this method?
Although there will be nothing sensitive in the forum I don't want regular users to see it as it will be notes for staff and the like.

More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by fairwea1
Replied by fairwea1 on topic Re: Private Forum
Making everybody a super user is a little dangerous. You might want to create a new joomla usergroup and create a forum that only that usergroup can see.

More
12 years 3 months ago #4 by larrybertleman
Replied by larrybertleman on topic Re: Private Forum
I've only marked the users who have access to the forum as super users, and there are all staff who i want to be able to see the private forum anyway. Everyone else (ie regular users mods etc) have a different level of access......I hope!

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #5 by sozzled
A good deal of the problem with this topic is the use of the word forum. I believe we are discussing categories. I may help if we agree on the terminology and then we can discuss how to achieve private areas (categories) in your forum. Although some of the information is a little outdated, the general guide that people should follow is to read: If I had the luxury of time, I would dearly love to update these documents so that, in future, people will find it easier to understand how sections, categories and sub-categories work and how people can define different access permissions to those things.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.463 seconds