Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question How can I change the sender of notification emails?

More
12 years 2 months ago #1 by Pixelmechnina
Hello guys,

I would like to change the sender of the notification email for a new reply in a forum. At the moment the sender is "Kunena", but I want the name of my website to be the sender. I cannot find the file, where I can change that.

Can anybody help me please?

Thanks

Nina

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by edwinmennes
Hello Nina,

Do you mean that you want to know how to change the Forum e-mail address?
That you can find on the administration menu's of Kunena, General tab of Forum Configuration

Regards,

Edwin

More
12 years 2 months ago #3 by Pixelmechnina
Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

But no, that is not what I mean. There is the right address. But in Emails the sender is always "Kunena" and not the adress in the administration panel of kunena or any other adress. I think, that I have to change that somewhere in the Code. But I don't know where to search.

More
More
12 years 2 months ago #5 by Pixelmechnina
That doesn't help either.

The path /components/com_kunena/template/default/language/yourlanguagetype doesnt't exist in the newest version of Kunena.

And in components/language and administrator/language there is no JText for the sender of kunena-mails. In those files I can only change the content of my email.

More
12 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
I'm sorry, I think I answered this incorrectly. If I had seen your configuration report I might have been able to guess better. I'm guessing that you need to change the forum title:

Forum Configuration » General » Basic Settings » Forum Title = <sender-name>

Just a guess.

More
12 years 2 months ago #7 by Pixelmechnina
Yeah, thank you, that finally solved the problem. :) I just searched in the code, which obviously wasn't even necessary.

But now I have another question: I found the email-template of kunena in components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.posting.class.php.

I want the content of new forum-posts to be in the email for moderators. At the moment they first have to click on a link to the site, before they can see the actual post.

How can I manage this?

More
12 years 2 months ago #8 by Pixelmechnina
Well, I finally accomplished that by myself. Just had to comment out around line 1055 the "if ($this->_config->mailfull == 1)" - now everybody get's the content of new posts.

Thank you anyway!

More
12 years 2 months ago #9 by sozzled
Although your second question was off-topic, the change you made to obtain the full email contents was completely unnecessary. I suggest that you restore the code back to its original state.

The way to have moderators obtain the full contents of posted messages is to make the following change to your configuration settings:

Forum Configuration » Users » Subscriptions » Include Post Contents = Yes

Time to create page: 0.354 seconds