Kunena 5.2.5 and Blue eagle 1.6.5 released (30 May 2021)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.5 [K 5.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.2.5

REQUIREMENTS
Blue Eagle 1.6.x requires Kunena 5.2.x to work with, this template isn't designed to works with Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4.

× Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Moving stuff to site global. Newb needs strategy.

More
9 years 5 months ago #1 by janaf
Newb asks:

My installation is Joomla 1.7 with some text pages, a Kunena forum and EasyBlog and not much else.

Now I would like to integrate, as far as practical, front end things like

- User registration / Login / Logout
- User profile editing
- Search
- Visitor statistics, who's, online etc...

Instead of having three of these, from Joomla generic, Kunena forum and EasyBlog, I am trying to get down to one of each that work site wide.

- Is there anything added by Kunena in the User profile, on registration an editing, that users can not access if I use the generic Joomla registration and profile editing?

- Will a Joomla native search also search and display Kunena forum content?
- The Kunena visitor statistics, who's, online etc, does that cover the whole site or just the Kunena forum pages?

Greatful for any input, suggestions, on this. Is it feasible to do what I want to do?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
There are a lot of questions here, too many to give a detailed reply to each.

Kunena is not responsible for user registration. Whatever you use for user registration, Kunena simply goes along with that. There are no integration issues for Kunena here.

Login is a slightly different matter. In very broad terms, you may need to tweak your Kunena intergration settings on what you use for your users to login. Most users do not need to change their Kunena configuration settings.

Joomla search can search Kunena forum content. You will need the Kunena Search plugin for that.