Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Show category name to everyone but content only to special groups

More
12 years 3 months ago #1 by dettodo1
HI,
I really like Kunena, but im having some problems lately.

I use Artof to set up joomla groups so that each category in the forums let access to different group of users.

I need all the categories to be shown in the index of forums to everyone but only users with special access can get inside it.
What i got now is that everyone can see all the post but they are not allow to make new posts. Or changing to private then the category name is only visible for users with special permissions.

How can I set it up in order to let everyone see the categories but not the content (the post inside it) and allow access only to special groups?

I have Joomla 1.5.23 and Kunena 1.7.1

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled

dettodo1 wrote: How can I set it up in order to let everyone see the categories but not the content (the post inside it) and allow access only to special groups?

I don't think you can do this with Kunena at the moment. This request is similar to, but not quite the same as, Teasers - Read post titles without being able to read posts

See Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 2) - advanced setup for special groups . It's not quite what you want but it's the best information that we have at the moment. What you have already discovered is what Kunena does, regrettably for your needs. Sorry.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by sunny33days
I really hope Kunena support as this functionality in the 2.0 version as well. This is very useful for many forums!

Time to create page: 0.361 seconds