Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question no email notifications with upgrades

More
12 years 4 months ago #1 by beyondthenet
I just upgraded to the latest version of Joomla (1.5.25), CB and Kunena and now the email notificaitons are not being sent.

Any suggestions? I can supply super admin login access for lineboring.org

thank you

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 20M

Joomla default template details : rt_zephyr_j15 | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.5.2 | creationdate: October 13, 2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1 | Kunena Stats 1.7.1 | Kunena Login 1.7.1 | Kunena Search 1.7.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
You posted your message in the Community Builder category but I don't see the connection. I've moved your topic into a different category.

When you wrote that "email notifications are not being sent", which particular email notifications are not being sent? Email regarding new user registrations, for example? Anything else?
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 4 months ago #3 by beyondthenet
I believe we have this working now. There are many email option settings that need to be set up correctly in both CB and Kunena.

See here how we are stopping spammers: lineboring.org/login/register

We hoped to get an email that the admin could approve a new member by looking at all the details in the signup. Instead the admin must go to the admin area and see all the new user details before approving.

Thank you

More
12 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled

beyondthenet wrote: See here how we are stopping spammers: lineboring.org/login/register

Yes, that's a good idea. It might also be a good idea to post your suggestion (and how you achieve the 404 message) by contributing to the discussion How to protect my forum from spam . I am sure that a lot of people would appreciate your idea.

beyondthenet wrote: We hoped to get an email that the admin could approve a new member by looking at all the details in the signup. Instead the admin must go to the admin area and see all the new user details before approving.

Yes, as you know, Kunena is not responsible for handling the registration of new accounts on a Joomla website and Community Builder is one useful way to help. The topic How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website? has some useful tips in this regard.

I'm pleased to hear that you've resolved the mail issues and I think we can archive this topic now. :)

Time to create page: 0.364 seconds