Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Category & Topic URL

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #1 by Rido
Category & Topic URL was created by Rido
Hello,

I installed Kunena yesterday on my Joomla 1.7 website, but there are some problems with the URL.
In the main menu I've add a forum item, that's connected to the Kunena forum index (the url is: /forum).
When I click a category the url will change to /component/kunena/2-General?Itemid=0

Is there a possibility that all forums urls start with /forum/?
So I can connect a different template to that menu item.

Thanks

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 256M

Joomla default template details : xtreme | author: Rick Doorakkers | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 11/11/11

Kunena default template details : Aphotic | author: snilloconator | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 2010-23-09

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Login 1.7.1

Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Category & Topic URL
G'day, Rido, and welcome to Kunena.

Thank you for your question and for posting your configuration report. :)

Your config report shows a couple of issues:

(1) The Aphotic template is really old and there's a strong possibility that it does not work with K 1.7.1. If you have problems, I suggest you ask the author of the Aphotic template if there is a way to fix those problems. Alternatively, you can use the Blue Eagle template and we will do our best to help you.

(2) Your report shows that you do not have a Kunena menu. I suggest you read the FAQs page (see the menu tab located above the forum here), in particular the section How do I restore my Kunena menu?

Nice-looking URLs are generated by Kunena if you have properly setup Joomla's SEO. See Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in the Wiki for further advice on how to do that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rido

More
12 years 4 months ago #3 by Rido
Replied by Rido on topic Re: Category & Topic URL
Hello sozzled,

First I want to thank you for the quick reply. I've just reset the menu and the clean URL works.

But I've got a question about this menu. Is it possible to hide this menu from the top of the forum?
Or possibly to move this menu to a mainmenu item, that's for the forum?

The Aphotic template works fine, but we're going to use the Blue Eagle template as base and then modify that one.

Thanks again!

More
12 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Category & Topic URL
Yes, you can hide the menu if you don't require it. You can also customise your own menu - there's a Wiki guide to help in this area Customised menus .

The menu is just a Joomla menu. There isn't anything particularly "special" about it. The simplest way to hide the Kunena menu is to unpublish /disable the module kunena_menu. Use the Joomla Module Manager for that.

Time to create page: 0.567 seconds