Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question parent element in jos_kunena_categories

More
12 years 5 months ago #1 by nareshv
Hi every one,

I want to insert data categories in to jos_kunena_categorie. i don't know where the insert query written in the framework of the kunena component. so can any one please help me. its urgent. even if i want to insert i didn't understand the parent field concept in the database.

I have categorie title parent 0-> which shows the title

like sub-categorie parent- 1--> in which we can post the queryes. Thanks.

Regards
Naresh v
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
I think you are confusing "data categories" (?) with Kunena forum categories. The way to correctly assign forum categories is to read Sections, Categories, sub-categories (part 1) .

There is no need to directly edit the database tables.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #3 by nareshv
Hi..Sozzled,

Thanks for responding. i want to load perticular categorie details in the select cat list when we are posting a new thread in to pericular categorie. i mean while we are selecting parent cat list in that sub cat should load is there any way to do that. please help me..

thanks
naresh v
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by nareshv.
More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
I don't know how your follow-up relates to the first question you asked and, before we go further off-topic, I think this topic probably needs to be locked. However, I will still try to answer your follow-up as best as I can.

There are many ways that people can create a new topic. They can create a new topic from the New Topic menu item or they can be viewing topics in a particular category and then press the New Topic button. I have answered this question many times before. No matter how many different ways I try to explain the facts, people don't like the answer.

The short answer is that this "feature" is not available in the way that you want it. Of course, if you would like to financially contribute to the development of this feature, then we would gladly appreciate any donation of money that people would like to send to the project.

The longer answer is that this idea has been proposed before as a request for a new feature and this topic has more to say on the matter: New topic: default destination
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nareshv
Time to create page: 0.533 seconds