Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Kunena Moderator-Assigning from joomla member

More
12 years 5 months ago #1 by vhinmanansala
Hi guys.. I am using kunena 1.7.1 on the forum website I am creating for my client which is exclusively for my client's clients. My question is, how can I automatically add user/s from joomla to kunena user manager without going through the sync user process? Because I don't want my client be confused when he will add a moderator and find out that the user he was going to assign as category moderator is missing in the user manager.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

What Joomla! version are-you using ?

In fact, the code which do that has commented into /plugins/system/kunena.php because it hasn't been tested extensively. You can uncomment the code and report any issue here.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vhinmanansala

More
12 years 5 months ago #3 by vhinmanansala
Thank you for responding quickly, I am using kunena version 1.7.1. what part of the file that I should uncomment?

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
xillibit was referring to some kind of "auto-synching" code that is disabled by default. I suggest that you search the forum for information about how to enable auto-synching of user accounts to find the details of what you need to change. I don't know whether this directly relates to the problem you seem to be having.

We remind all users that, when they create new topics in the Support section, that they read the posting guidelines (printed at the top of the page) before they create these topics. Thank you.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 5 months ago #5 by Matias
in /plugins/system/kunena.php there are two functions that are commented out. You need to remove comments around them.

More
12 years 5 months ago #6 by vhinmanansala
Sir xillibit and Matias, Thank you for the assistance, i'll try it out.

Sozzled.. I am sorry about. Could you transfer this topic to appropriate section?

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #7 by vhinmanansala
Sir xillibit and Matias, Thank you for the assistance, it worked as I expected.

one more thing What file name do I have to edit in order to achieve this

because I want that user to see only that category where he/she will be assigned.

Sozzled.. I am sorry about that. Could you transfer this topic to appropriate section?
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by vhinmanansala.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #8 by sozzled

vhinmanansala wrote: What file name do I have to edit in order to achieve this ...

There's no file you need to edit. You have defined a group in Joomla (that is a sub-group of the Administrator group :blink: called "Category Moderators". You need to assign the users in Joomla to the "Category Moderators" groups and then they will be able to access the "Category Moderators" Kunena categories. Even so, this has nothing to do, really, with assigning Kunena moderators (see How to assign a moderator in Kunena? ). Now that, I think, is really the question here!

vhinmanansala wrote:

I don't want my client be confused when he will add a moderator ...

I don't think that this part of your question has been properly addressed. As I have just written, you can allow users to access different categories but whether or not they can moderate those categories is a different question. I just want to make sure that we have not missed something important.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #9 by vhinmanansala
sir sozzled.. I am sorry that I didn't explained what I want very well. My client wants a forum which is exclusively for his clients only. Each client and category moderator has their own category which can't be accessed by other clients and moderators unless they were assigned to that category.I want my client to manage the category users and moderators without being confused with the joomla user manager and kunena user manager that is why I asked such questions. :cheer: :)

Hitted thanks button as a sign of gratitude :)
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by vhinmanansala.

More
12 years 5 months ago #10 by sozzled
Thank you for clarifying your request for information.

As I have remarked before, when these kinds of requests are injected into this forum, a discussion forum (like Kunena) is primarily intended to be used for general, free-ranging discussions from all those who use the website where the forum is hosted. That is not to say that the kind of request made by you is not possible to achieve but, in order to achieve it, you will be defeating the purpose for which Kunena was designed.

As I mentioned in the first numbered point of a summary I made of the kinds of requests we receive that restrict the free-range use of Kunena (see msg #243 off [Merged topic] User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs ), the requirement that you seek to achieve is probably better met by employing a help desk system instead of a forum. A help desk system will provide client users with the degree of confidentiality that your client seeks to obtain and will do so in a way that will involve less complications than having to setup unique ACLs for each user of your client's website.

Time to create page: 0.585 seconds