Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question uploading avatar gallery

More
12 years 5 months ago #1 by Calvin
Hi guys,

I have been trying to upload a avatar gallery, but I just can't seem to get it right. I am using Kunena 1.7.

I read this: docs.kunena.org/index.php/How_to_add_an_other_avatar_gallery , and I would create a new subdirectory in joomla/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/avatars/gallery/, but I can't even find a folder called /fbfiles..

I also tried what is noted in the joomla backend (to put the gallery into /components/com_kunena/avatars/gallery), but again this folder (avatars) does not exist. I even created one, but it does not work.

Help! Thanks ;)

Cheers,

Calvin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
I'm sorry. As you see from the article How to add an other avatar gallery , this was written for an older version of Kunena and the information is now obsolete. Unfortunately there isn't a newer version of this information to help you. Perhaps someone might like to update that page?

This isn't really a supported feature, but this is my understanding of what you're supposed to do
  1. You upload a folder of images into ../media/kunena/attachments/legacy/avatars/. Let's say, for argument's sake, we create a folder called ../media/kunena/attachments/legacy/avatars/Personal_gallery
  2. You edit your profile, select Avatar image bag
  3. You click the pull-down in the "Select Avatar From Gallery"
  4. Locate Personal_gallery from the available options
  5. Click Personal_gallery
  6. You should now see an array of images from the "personal gallery"
However, I haven't tried this and I have no idea if the feature works the way that I've described it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Calvin

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #3 by Calvin
Replied by Calvin on topic Re: uploading avatar gallery
Okay great, I will give it a try (when I am back from work) and tell you whether it worked in a few hours! Thanks again! ;)
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Calvin.

More
12 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
How did you go? Did you get the issue sorted out?

More
12 years 5 months ago #5 by Calvin
Replied by Calvin on topic Re: uploading avatar gallery
Yes! Thank you very much. I did it a tiny bit differently though. I deleted the standard avatars and pasted the avatars I wanted into the standard gallery folder. This way you don't have to select another gallery! Thanks again so much! Thumbs up! ;)

More
12 years 5 months ago #6 by Doggiefield
I did it exactly as explained, but when I select the different gallery I am redirected to the first tab of my profile. When I go back to the avatar tab the drop-down list is on standard again.

Could you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

More
12 years 5 months ago #7 by sozzled
I haven't thoroughly tested the ability to create secondary avatar galleries. That's why, when I posted my message earlier in this topic, I referred only to my general understanding of how the feature might work (even though I haven't personally tested this out) and was based on what other people in the Kunena team had told me.

It's possible that the information I gave was wrong. It's possible that this "feature" (even though it sounds like it could be beneficial) is not working or, when if it does work, it might be too confusing, too difficult for ordinary people to use it. As we see, from Calvin, he found that it was easier to replace his existing avatar gallery with his own one. This may be an easier solution than trying to add a second gallery (or a third one).

I just don't know the answer.

Time to create page: 0.528 seconds