Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Editing User Registration Fields

More
12 years 7 months ago #1 by Beccam
Hi!

I believe I searched for this before and read that Kunena uses the Joomla's default registration system - I can't find that now to be sure though.

I am wanting to add additional required fields to the registration form during the enrollment process.

If Kunena uses Joomla's default registration - I don't see a way to edit this. I did find some extensions which will allow me to do so, but the cost money so before I spend the cash, I wanted to verify I am accurate in assuming I need an extension to do this and if so:

Will any extension that allows me to edit the default registration fields still work fine with Kunena?
Do you recommend any specific extensions? I found two and would like to know if anyone has any experience with them/knows they will play nicely with Kunena

Ajax registration
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-...OiJyZWdpc3RyYW50Ijt9

or

Extended Reg
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-...OiJyZWdpc3RyYW50Ijt9

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled

Beccam wrote: I believe I searched for this before and read that Kunena uses the Joomla's default registration system - I can't find that now to be sure though.

Let me assure you with 100% certainty: Kunena does not have a "registration system": see How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website?

Beccam wrote: I am wanting to add additional required fields to the registration form during the enrollment process.

Yes, there are lots of ways you can do that, but Kunena may not, necessarily, take full advantage of those additions. Even with the extensions that can be integrated with Kunena (e.g. Community Builder and Jomsocial) there are limits on what extra information you can "plug into" the Kunena user profile.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 7 months ago #3 by Beccam
Hi again

The only field I want to add is a required field called "Company". I don't need to customize it further than that, my boss is just insisting that it includes this field. What would your recommendation be on the best way to accomplish this?

More
12 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled
Either of JomSocial or Community Builder allow this flexibility (in fact, I think "company" is a standard piece of information) but I don't believe - and I could be wrong and someone else can correct me if there's a way to do it - that Kunena can display this information on the Kunena user profile.

More
12 years 7 months ago #5 by Beccam
Okay, I'll look into CB - TY :)

Time to create page: 0.352 seconds