Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] Moving my Kunena 1.6.4 on Joomla 1.5.23 to Joomla 1.6.3

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #1 by glassparman
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : js_earthblog | author: Casey Lee | version: 1.1 | creationdate: 6/20/08

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.2.3

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

OK, so I decided to build an entire new site on Joomla 1.6.3 so I could get rid of all the old junk on my old site. It's an entirely new site with new database and fresh installed Kunena 1.6.4. Config report above is for my current old Joomla 1.5.23.

Is there a process to get all my forum posts and such from my Joomla 1.5.23 site to my 1.6.3 site? I know the tables are different in Joomla 1.6.3 but somebody somewhere must have done this already?? I have successfully moved my users to the new site and they all have the same user ID in Joomla.

thanks in advance for any help.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Update topic subject - resolved

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Jupgrade 1.1.x is able to handle this, it support kunena migration and Joomla! migration, i advise to use Joomla 1.6.5.

Please backup your site before to something.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 8 months ago #3 by glassparman
Not quite sure this is the correct answer. I have already built my Joomla 1.6.3 site and moved/migrated all my other data, articles, users and such. I only need to move my Kunena and then I'm done.

Does Jupgrade allow me to migrate JUST the Kunena or do I have to do the entire site?

thanks.

More
12 years 8 months ago #4 by xillibit
Just copy kunena_* tables and reinstall kunena on your Joomla! 1.6 installation.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 8 months ago #5 by glassparman
that worked perfect!

thanks for helping out a dummy!

More
12 years 8 months ago #6 by cally6008

xillibit wrote: Just copy kunena_* tables and reinstall kunena on your Joomla! 1.6 installation.

My website is joomla 1.5.23 with kunena 1.6.5
I want to have joomla 1.7 (if possible, if not then joomla 1.6) with kunena 1.6.5

Do I follow your instructions quoted to keep the kunena 1.6.5 forum information the same ?

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds