Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Moderators, Review Posts / Approval & Email Notification

More
12 years 9 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #1 by amackay
I require some help with Moderators and reviewing posts prior to posting. My configuration details are at the end of this post.

I have set several users as moderators on a forum category. I have also set the category so that Review Posts = Yes.

However the moderators do not receive email notification of new posts, and when they login pending approvals are not visible to them in the category list. Only Administrators are notified and can approve posts.

Thanks,
Annabel

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 12m

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0-RC1 | Build: 3173 | Version name: Kujadili | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change subject and topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
I am sorry but K 1.6.0 RC-1 is not a supported version. There were problems with review posts/approvals and email notifications with that version that have since been fixed. Please upgrade to K 1.6.4 (see K 1.6 Upgrade Guide .
The following user(s) said Thank You: amackay

More
12 years 9 months ago #3 by amackay
Hi,

I wonder also whether the RC version could be the cause of some other odd behaviour we've noticed and which is frustrating our users.

Depending on which category level you view, the actual last post is not listed. Rather the post prior is listed. Hence, users think there is nothing new when in fact there is

Thanks,
Annabel

More
12 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
I realise this sounds like a recording but, I am sorry to say that K 1.6.0 RC-1 is not a supported version; it was never a supported version (no RC version is supported by anyone). There were problems with review posts/approvals and email notifications with that version that have since been fixed. Please upgrade to K 1.6.4 (see K 1.6 Upgrade Guide ). There were numerous issues with K 1.6.0 RC-1 that have been fixed (over 500 fixes have been made to Kunena since then) and that is the reason this old, pre-stable release is not supported.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amackay

More
12 years 9 months ago #5 by amackay
That's okay. I figured I'd get the recorder message but wanted to be sure.

We will work with out website developer to get upgraded.

Thanks once more. The fast, clear and informative responses are excellent.

More
11 years 11 months ago #6 by sozzled
*** Topic closed - no further response from user ***

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #7 by amackay
This problem was resolved after upgrading Kunena and the system worked as expected.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change subject and topic icon

Time to create page: 0.552 seconds