Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Forum on Home page within article

More
12 years 8 months ago #1 by ChrisL
Hi

I want to add a forum latest topic summary on my home page. Either in a module underneath the main article or as html at the bottom of the article itself. The format I require is as below:

Forum Topic Replies Views Last Post Posted By
General New Snooker League 16 636 2011-06-28 21:02 ChrisL
And so on....

First of all is this possible using an existing module (I couldnt find one) and secondly how would you suggest I achieve this using coding if required?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
Does the "summary" display, that appears on the home page of this website - www.kunena.org - appeal to you?

More
12 years 8 months ago #3 by ChrisL
I have looked at that but it will only appear in a module position to the left or right column or footer etc.

I want this to appear in the centre position underneath the featured article.

I also want it to be formatted as above including posts and views. Has anyone included a forum topic summary similar to this on their home page?

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
If I understand your question correctly, you are happy with the information provided by the Kunena Latest module but you would like to publish this module in a different place on your website. Is that correct?
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 8 months ago #5 by ChrisL
Hi not entirely.

This is the site:

www.cmlwebdesign.com/new/aberdeensnooker/

I want the latest topic list (say 20 items) to appear in the white space beneath the featured article. I would like it in the format of:

Forum Topic Replies Views Last Post Posted By
General New Snooker League 16 636 2011-06-28 21:02 ChrisL
And so on....

Is this possible do you think? I think the replies an views columns may not be in the Kunena Latest module.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
Thanks for clarifying the issue further. If, again, I may restate the topic in terms that help me understand your question better, are you looking for a feature that allows your users to comment upon and engage in discussion about Joomla articles that you write.

For example, would the feature that you see on the home page of this site (scroll to the bottom of the page) and on other articles written here (see the Blog ) - is that the kind of thing that you are looking for?

More
12 years 8 months ago #7 by Matias
If you want to show Kunena latest module in your page, you need to add module into the right module position (varies between templates -- you need to find out the right name) and to assign that into those menu items you want so show it in.

More
12 years 8 months ago #8 by ChrisL
This is what I want!

www.adpl.co.uk

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #9 by sozzled
Download and install the Kunena Discuss plugin . I think this does what you want.

More
12 years 8 months ago #10 by ChrisL
Im not sure I need a forum summary of all forums with the topics with most recent posts at the top. These are not topics related to that article have a more detaield look at the ecxample above and you will see. I have had a look at your suggestion but I think it can only be used to add comments to a particular article not display all the most recent topics from the database.

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds